Thermal Burns?

Cboehrer

I'm worried my chamhas thermal burns. Can anyone help?
Screenshot_20171119-230234.png

I don't know. They just showed up one day last week. Right before he shed. But they haven't gone away.

Can you get a close up? I think it might be a burn, but I am not seeing him in person, so I can't say for sure.

Hey, this is a really odd comment but I'm new and I don't know how to make threads or posts? Your chameleon is so cute btw, sorry to hear he might have burns :( <3 much love!

Hey, this is a really odd comment but I'm new and I don't know how to make threads or posts? Your chameleon is so cute btw, sorry to hear he might have burns :( <3 much love!
At the top of the forums if you look at the different forums on the forums section, there should be a button on the top saying "Post New Thread". Welcome!

Do you have a picture of the enclosure? We won't be able to know how he burned himself if it happened without a picture.

I thought his tree was too close to the lights so I took it out and put a shorter one in there but he climbed up and hung from the screen right under the light anyway!

That is an improper enclosure. he should be in an enclosure with good ventilation, like a screen or hybrid or exoterra terrarium, not a 10 gallon. He probably burned himself with those branches literally being in the lights.

He needs a linear UVB, what is the wattage of the bulb, and the temperatures? That seems very hot in there, he is also prone to a URI.

I have been looking at vertical fresh air enclosures. I will definitely order one today and get him to a vet ASAP. Thank you for the help. My husband and daughter bought him on a whim and I have been stuck doing the research on how to care for him properly ever since.

I have been looking at vertical fresh air enclosures. I will definitely order one today and get him to a vet ASAP. Thank you for the help. My husband and daughter bought him on a whim and I have been stuck doing the research on how to care for him properly ever since.
There are some good care sheets here. Please let them know about impulse buying and how to avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom