Arcadia lights

Flick boy

Chameleon Enthusiast
Anyone got the new arcadia lights ,the thermal zoo ,for any of your animals? I kinda like separated fixtures but just wondering 🤔 if anyone has it and what they think

tzp-reptile-001.png

They should have come out with it 15 years ago. A T5HO, a LED grow bar, and rad heat and spot basking area.

Though with dual dragon T5HO you are pushing over 3 UVI at 24", you could cure UV epoxy all day long....

Seems OK, not sure for chameleon enclosure but, I kinda like angling my basking light , and moving things around. don't know what uv epoxy means

It looks like a great product and I’m using 3 out 4 items separately and really like them. However, the price for this complete setup is ridiculous, if you search the web good enough, you can almost buy 2 enclosure setups as separated items for the price of this integrated bar.
Still it looks great and clean and would perfect for a free range setup.

Maybe I'm too much of a contrarian but I laughed when I saw this product revealed after I heard it billed as a brand new innovative heating/lighting solution. It's a bunch of products that already exist Frankenstein-ed together in roughly the same configuration I already have on my chameleon enclosure. And since the heat domes are centrally located on the fixture and non-adjustable it seems like it would limit your ability to set up an appropriate heat gradient in the horizontal axis, as opposed to just getting a regular dome and putting it wherever you want.

That said, I'm not trying to throw shade, and I do like and use some Arcadia products. I just don't know why you'd want them all fixed in place. I suppose I get it from a marketing standpoint (they can sell several pre-existing products as one premium product). But for the top of a chameleon cage where you need to be positioning electronics to get the right UVI and temperature gradient we probably don't really need everything stuck together, I presume it would make adjustments less feasible. Plus, depending on the species and the temps in your home you may not need a DHP at all.

But hey, if it's working well for people that's great. I wouldn't feel bad if you're priced out though.

Last edited:
It's priced around 160/ 180 pounds in the uk ,so not bad as a separate t5 and jungle dawn are both around 70 each , but yeah as mentioned I'd rather have the flexibility of separate components

One cord runs them all? I think it would be nice not having to deal with the tangle of cords that I have and having the occasional light fall (usually on my head). Not nice enough though to justify the cost of replacing a perfectly fine set up.

It's priced around 160/ 180 pounds in the uk ,so not bad as a separate t5 and jungle dawn are both around 70 each , but yeah as mentioned I'd rather have the flexibility of separate components
That’s a better price then overhere, here they’re €320 around £250-280

Also worth noting: I have a lot of plants in my enclosure, including understory plants, and I am of the opinion the best way to light for that in a tall vivarium is with LED spotlights or floodlights with a low beam angle (I use regular 5000k LED floodlights with beam angle of 60 degrees or less, available at all home improvement stores).

The jungle dawns are nice, but they are less effective for my goals than a couple domes with LED floodlights. They also cost about 4x as much as the total cost of the two domes and two floods that I use, and if you're really hard up for cash you can find quality used reptile domes on CL for like $5 with a little persistence.

Hello , i would like to buy new arcadia type: Arcadia PRO T5 UVB Kit 6 % UVB 24W, 550 mm/16 mm for my chameleon. Do you have some ideas how can I rebuild or use current one? Maybe also i buy one reptizoo lamp with vertical position for basking. See photo. Thank you for help.

Attachments

• C42F0235-D961-46D2-9E42-C0248760B469.jpeg
    C42F0235-D961-46D2-9E42-C0248760B469.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 26
Hello , i would like to buy new arcadia type: Arcadia PRO T5 UVB Kit 6 % UVB 24W, 550 mm/16 mm for my chameleon. Do you have some ideas how can I rebuild or use current one? Maybe also i buy one reptizoo lamp with vertical position for basking. See photo. Thank you for help.
I would put some plant lights in that fixture. Help keep your plants alive and thriving.

Back
Top Bottom