The Yellow-lip Parson's are starting to hatch...

Put me on your wait list when these are ready to sell!! A big congratulations!! These could be the first Yellow Lip Parsonii babies to hatch in the USA/North America.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I have to agree with you I do think it's the first ever hatch Yellow lip in the state and it's a great achievement. If only we had a group of individuals working with this color morph we will be able to establish a nice colony here in the state...:D

I have to agree with you I do think it's the first ever hatch Yellow lip in the state and it's a great achievement. If only we had a group of individuals working with this color morph we will be able to establish a nice colony here in the state...:D

I agree with this statement, but we all know the requirements for bloodlines, housing needs, experienced keepers, and much more. What you need is a zoo management system to really make a successful colony of this particular species. We're not talking about lizards that only get about 5 inches long and you keep multiple individuals together, we're talking about animals that are about the size of a large guinea pig that don't do well being within sight of the next one.

While not impossible, it always comes down to the animal getting into the right hands. Too bad Atlas is an Orange Eye or I'd be interested in a female in few years. I'm not fond of crossing different regions, but on a serious note I'm sure they can cross breed. Then again this is my bucket list, so maybe I'd go for it anyway. :ROFLMAO:

I agree with this statement, but we all know the requirements for bloodlines, housing needs, experienced keepers, and much more. What you need is a zoo management system to really make a successful colony of this particular species. We're not talking about lizards that only get about 5 inches long and you keep multiple individuals together, we're talking about animals that are about the size of a large guinea pig that don't do well being within sight of the next one.

While not impossible, it always comes down to the animal getting into the right hands. Too bad Atlas is an Orange Eye or I'd be interested in a female in few years. I'm not fond of crossing different regions, but on a serious note I'm sure they can cross breed. Then again this is my bucket list, so maybe I'd go for it anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for agreeing with me!

Actually now that it has been two years since Parsonii and all the Parsonii phases have been on the chameleon market in the USA/North America. There are about a dozen to half dozen keepers that have pairs to small groups of Yellow Lips in the USA. Ralph if your going to correlate a Parsonii breeding groups to a Zoo breeding operation. There are some keepers who are starting to have the beginnings of worthy breeding programs for this phase of Parsonii. Parsonii have more demanding requirements for husbandry and breeding than most species of chameleons. However I have got my digits crossed these breeding programs will accomplished their desired results. What makes this hatching special is from the breeders I have talked to over sea's. Yellow Lip Parsonii are much more seldom bred compared to Orange Eyes. This even though over sea's breeders are trying to breed Yellow Lip Parsonii. Once again congratulations Sam!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Quick update:

All three Yellow-lips that hatched initially were in the same (top) incubation bin. There are two bins--one on top, one on the bottom, inside the incubator. Based on my personal experience with hatching various other cham species, once one hatches, it sure seems to signal the others to hatch, especially with Veileds. I've read this may be chemical-based?

Anyhow, yesterday I took one of the empty hatched eggs and placed it into the bottom incubation bin, just in case there is anything chemical-related that emits from the now empty egg. Oddly enough, there was a hatchling that appeared inside the bottom bin about 30 minutes ago (about 18 hours later).

One may have absolutely nothing to do with the other, and the egg was going to hatch at that time regardless. Just thought it was worth mentioning, and curious if anyone else has experimented with this method or something similar. Maybe a fresh hatchling walking around the unhatched eggs has more chemical effect than the empty egg itself. Perhaps I'm way off base and it doesn't matter either way. Just contemplating.

Best regards,

Sam

Quick update:

All three Yellow-lips that hatched initially were in the same (top) incubation bin. There are two bins--one on top, one on the bottom, inside the incubator. Based on my personal experience with hatching various other cham species, once one hatches, it sure seems to signal the others to hatch, especially with Veileds. I've read this may be chemical-based?

Anyhow, yesterday I took one of the empty hatched eggs and placed it into the bottom incubation bin, just in case there is anything chemical-related that emits from the now empty egg. Oddly enough, there was a hatchling that appeared inside the bottom bin about 30 minutes ago (about 18 hours later).

One may have absolutely nothing to do with the other, and the egg was going to hatch at that time regardless. Just thought it was worth mentioning, and curious if anyone else has experimented with this method or something similar. Maybe a fresh hatchling walking around the unhatched eggs has more chemical effect than the empty egg itself. Perhaps I'm way off base and it doesn't matter either way. Just contemplating.

Best regards,

Sam

Sam

That is an interesting detail. Thanks for documenting and posting on your thread.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom