My CH Sub Adult Yellow Lip Pair

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Howdy Everyone

Time for some updated news and photo's of my captive hatched pair of Yellow Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii from Sam at Backwater Reptiles. Great news these did turn out as a male/female pair when I picked them out at three/four month age (there were concerns). Although not perfected I am staying with the vent/bulge technique for sexing young/baby Calumma parsonii parsonii. That just seems the traditional/dependable way to sex individuals most all species. They are about one years of age now and both have got their adult colors shining through. The males roastral processes starting to develop at the end of October the beginning of November or at 11 months of age. His Yellow Lips began to develop the beginning of December. These two are moving into their sub adult enclosures this December. These are a couple of photo's from today.

The Male
uux5tG.jpg

The Female
jRdMll.jpg

fkUTqy.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful!

Thanks Matt! They are beautiful. You should have seen the female when she first started to completely develop her colors. She looked almost like a male Nosy Be Blue Furcifer pardalis. She show blue on occasion however has become more green like White Lip Orange Eye Calumma parsonii parsonii females as more commonly seen. She does occasionally show blue though, much more than the majority of the female Calumma parsonii parsonii I have seen and it is sight to behold.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

We live in a wonderful era! Successful breeding of these magnificent creatures is not just a dream anymore!

The dream is actually an attainable goal these days. Back in the 1990's these phase of Parsonii and Calumma people were wondering how could they be kept and bred at all in captivity. Now these species people are considering them easily kept (long term) and accomplished breeding is happening. These days are great just to watch these accomplishments happen.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Great pictures and congrats on a good looking couple! I can't wait to join the Parson's club...

Thanks. There are going to be more captive bred Calumma parsonii parsonii around. Meaning we keepers are going to have more of an opportunity to acquire captive bred Calumma parsonii parsonii for reptile collections now days. Chameleon keepers joining the Parsonii Club should not be as much of a problem.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom