Evening Sunshine with Drax the Yellow Lip Parsonii

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
These are some evening photo's of my male sub adult Yellow Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii Drax. Drax's sister Gamora stayed inside the aquarium room this evening. This is him out in the garden this evening soaking up some UV rays after the California central valley 100 degree Fahrenheit weather cooled off a bit.

AcRYwn.jpg

xAaIRZ.jpg

HY20da.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Oh he looks awesome and getting quality sunlight in, what a happy looking Cham, lucky to have a great owner :love:(y)

Thanks much! My chameleons really respond well to some time free ranging outside of an enclosure and in natural sunshine.

Nice looking yellow lip jeremy

Thanks James! Drax is a young Yellow Lip Parsonii and has quite a bit of growing ahead of him. He is with age going to become more amazing.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Turquoise blues are fantastic! Thanks for posting.
Great photography as well.

Thanks much. Yellow Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii blues are not similar to Orange Eye White Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii blues. They are more of a turquoise.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Wow he's looking great. I'd love to let my OE, Thor, catch some natural sunlight but we've been having a lot of 100+ weather up here too and I wasn't sure if he'd do ok in that kind of heat...

Wow he's looking great. I'd love to let my OE, Thor, catch some natural sunlight but we've been having a lot of 100+ weather up here too and I wasn't sure if he'd do ok in that kind of heat...

Thanks. Living in the California central valley you have to think of ways to live with the heat (100 degree Fahrenheit plus) and the dry air. That is whether you are going to keep your Parsonii/other chameleons inside or outside in summer. For some summer sunshine for my Parsonii/montane chameleons I normally bring them out for the last half hour of the day when the 100 degree weather has cooled of a bit.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
@NorCalAnthony I've heard of people keeping them out in that heat as long as it's shaded. I've also heard the YL's like the heat a little more, but I can't confirm that.

My Yellow Lip Calumma parsonii parsonii handle the heat the best out of my two phases.

I would be cautious about those claims of keeping Parsonii in the heat. Or leaving them alone in those conditions with just a mister without supervision. Extended exposure to heat when heat stressing could cause health problems/internal problems from stress in a body that is made for montane living. My hypothesis/theory.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom