The weirdest egg hunt.

dnallivah

So my little miss is just over 6 months old and this past week was stupidly stressful. I knew she had eggs, I had prepped two different laying bins (one in the cage, one outside) as well as made sure the pot for the tree was accessible since I had seen her climbing down that way.

She refused the bins in her cage, I placed her in the covered one and she gave me her patent screw you look.

After going without food for awhile and the signs of dehydration I got in touch with Sang and hassled him for about a week while trying to urge Venus to lay.

In the end I had to take her to the vet where she got a dose of calcium and oxytocin. Once we were home and she was back in her cage she started dropping eggs. She was just crawling around her branches and dropping them wherever she went. Since she was ignoring the laying bins, I put her in her covered one and left her in for about 4-5 hours like the vet told me to. I predug a hole for her, popped her in and she crawled out and just laid some eggs on top of the dirt. That day laid 18 I believe.

6 days later, she's still crawling around her branches, stopping and popping out an egg or two. Up to 31 now. I find them in the pots, stuck on leaves and branches, under and over my paper towels.

She still hasn't eaten anything yet, but is drinking normally again and looking SO much better. It's a good thing I doubt I'd ever breed her, because heaven knows she apparently has no maternal instincts. :)

Breeding them makes no difference. I had a quad just randomly drop fertile eggs all over her cage. I lost 3 eggs from that clutch. Silly cham. All the other times she was in a bin just like she should be, I guess she needed to stress me just once:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: to she how it felt. I think she liked it.:(

I didn't think it would make a difference, I just meant she (at this time) obviously wasn't very maternal. 37 eggs now and I swear she must have one more left inside of her.

I'm just glad my cham is okay...just waiting on the day where I know she's fully done and eating like a normal chameleon again.

Back
Top Bottom