The Vet Update!

dante8858

Well I took Ichi to get another shot yesterday and the vet had the results from the tests/cultures she took. I would have never guessed this but he has a staff infection! He is getting better though...she says the infection is healing nicely and his lobe might be saved. She cleaned of the area and there is green skin under the infection so once the infection is completely gone he will look some what normal. I am so glad but I just wonder how he got staff? The vet did say that it could have come from us if we hadn't washed our hands everytime we touched him or his crickets.....so I am 90% sure this is how he got it....I know that I haven't always washed my hands before I touched him:(. I am just glad that I now know and he should recover nicely....I just wished he never had to go through all this! He is not happy with me right now between going to the vet every other day, applying cream to him and scrubbing it off every evening before applying new cream! Poor guy!
I know the quality sucks but I think you can see the shoulder area and lobe where the infection is!!!OUCH This is when we got back from the vet, so he was a bit mad!
IMG_4211.jpg

I am glad you were able to get on the trail to recovery (even witout going to LA:D). I think he is starting to look better. Let us know how thing are going.

Back
Top Bottom