***The Official Enclosure Picture Thread***

U guys are makin me worried. Im getting a cham and I need to save up. But it looks so complicated seting them up. I have a crested gecko and his tank is easy. Its packed but it was simple.

U guys are makin me worried. Im getting a cham and I need to save up. But it looks so complicated seting them up. I have a crested gecko and his tank is easy. Its packed but it was simple.

This is DEFINITELY something you need to be sure of... They arent the kind of pet that can go without pretty stable care.... It is not the easiest to get set up but once they are you'll be waiting on the next one you can set up :)

I know that. LOL. Yeah I know its going ot be hard for the first month or so but then it will probably be easy. Or easier.

What size chameleon do you have in there? That looks like a very small cage. Also, why the red light? If that is for basking, use white housebulb. Will brighten up the cage. It looks very dark, what about a uvb???

the uvb is the fixture in the front and in the way back it s hard to see it is a slim fixture that fits an 18in bulb... not cheap. the infra red light is so it can be kept on if the house gets too cold. and the cham is a panther he is in there but he is only 4 months so he is still small. it is an 18x18x36 cage the stand just is a little over sized so that i can get a bigger cage. the mist system is a mist king and i have a lllreptile drain that drains to a bucket behind the cage. i have been thinking that i should change the red light out but i have just not bought a light. there isnt anything that could be a problem with it is there?

ps im glad that you didnt see the uvb i like the hidden look

built this for my veiled, 2x3x5 its 8' with the drainage buckets and roach bins underneath
Built the rain system out of an old aquarium pump (an idea i found on this forum :D) He loves it runs for 3 min every 3 hrs.

Attachments

• cage side.jpg
    cage side.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 977
  • cagefrount.jpg
    cagefrount.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 1,072
I love a good enclosure thread! I'll throw in my 2 cents! :D

My veiled's:
IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

My panther's:
(its filled out a lot more since these photo's were taken (i'll get some more tomorrow)
DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

The outdoor enclosure (I need to make a stand this week for it):
IMG_8049.jpg

IMG_8053.jpg

There are so many fantastic enclosures here!!! I especially like the free-range ones. Mine is quite sad in comparison but will post a pic anyway. At least this thread has given me some great ideas on how to improve my cham's setup.

This is my enclosure, Ive had my gracilis for a month now, he is my first chameleon. I took this picture today, he does have lights and uvb! just took them off for the pictures ;)

Attachments

• P1110058.jpg
    P1110058.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 1,047
Back
Top Bottom