The most unbelievable, but true story

That is so awesome! So are you saying he came back inside the house and went back inside his cage also? Or you just found him in the house?
Well, he came back in the house through the door opening. At first I saw something, my office is also the chameleon room, and thought it was a big bug ( was already surprised at the size of the bug) and then saw it was Ranjo. Full of joy I picked him up! I think, when I won’t have spot him or picked him up, he would have been going to his own spot.

This is such unbelievable, but true story, I still can´t believe it. Just another proof OF keeping faith and trust in someone............
The 27th of May my beloved Ranjo, managed to escape during his outside time, don´t ask how he did it, but it was 300% my own mistake. After weeks of searching outside, I slightly gave up on him, because I always said he´ll probably pop-up again one day.

WELL TODAY WAS THAT DAY THAT THIS LITTLE RASCAL, AFTER 7 WEEKS, CAME HOME! HE JUST WALKED BACK INSIDE, BECAUSE THE DOOR WAS OPEN AND I WAS AT WORK, AND DAMN HE LOOKS GOOD 😲

View attachment 326552
Amazing story can't even imagine the relief you felt knowing he was alive and well or you would always wonder what became of him.

Amazing story can't even imagine the relief you felt knowing he was alive and well or you would always wonder what became of him.
You hit the nail on his head with that one. I felt really sad when he was gone, but still it didn´t felt like I lost him. I knew he was a little survivor, conditions where good and it was his own decision (couldn´t blame him for that). Therefore I had my comfort in it, that he was living a happy and free life and captivity for him any more, because I always felt like every confined space was to small for him. Still I always said to my wife, if I could only see him and know he´s still alive and kicking, then that would make me happy. That the story would end this way, I could have only dreamed of.

Makes you really think about the how and why.....;)

What an amazing bit of good fortune for both of you. Not to poo poo the love and affection thing as it is a tribute to your care but...
I really believe they know where the good hunting grounds are found. I believe he came back because of all that you have provided him. Mine routinely patrol their shooting gallery feeder runs especially when I am in the room. They easily make the association.
I'm so glad he's home it would have been a tragic loss for several reasons.

Not to poo poo the love and affection thing as it is a tribute to your care but...
I wouldn't see it that way......I know he didn't come back for my "good care" for him and find it very reasonable he came back for food or even that it was a mistake. He was making his round through the garden and thought, wait a second this place know and maybe...On the other hand, that isn't the thing, I was in the garden with Sonny and he passed me at close distance to reach the door. It's another chameleon mystery :LOL:

Back in the 90's i "lost" my first veiled. I looked floor to ceiling in my bedroom / lizard room. Null. 2 months later i find him on some drift wood in the middle off the room very skinny. Some how he survived 2 months without a water source and i guess just escaped crickets. I had no free ranges any all the cages where sealed shut.

Back in the 90's i "lost" my first veiled. I looked floor to ceiling in my bedroom / lizard room. Null. 2 months later i find him on some drift wood in the middle off the room very skinny. Some how he survived 2 months without a water source and i guess just escaped crickets. I had no free ranges any all the cages where sealed shut.
Wow, that’s a long time and only shows how incredibly ‘adapters / chameleons’ they are. Great story 👍🏻

The little rascal 2.5 weeks later, standing strong as usual, cruising around shooting flies.

4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom