The Mega Rack Build!!

Action Jackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well as some of you know I've been sitting on Parson's eggs waiting for them the hatch. Since I had a little time to think while waiting I pondered how I would attempt to create an enviroment to control temps and to house 30+- babies. This process has taken a while to get where it is today.

I started out with a bare bones garage, I framed the ceiling added lights,plugs,insulation,drywall,paint and sweat. Then I started on the MEGA RACK!! I was originally going to make it out of wood but was really struggling with the final design and the fact it was only going to hold 36 cages. Then I had an idea! Make it out of Unistrut or Super Strut as it's called at HD.

Here are some pictures of the build in process.

The drainage tray was the hard part of this build. I used 4x8 sheets of 6mil Coroplast. I cut through one side only and folded it over to create a tray. Since my rack is 9' long I had to join another piece on to the first. I used nylon box rivets and silicone to do this. Getting things "just right" with coroplast is a pain in the...you know what. :)

Top rack done onto the bottom.

to be continued.

Well here it is completed, well almost. I still have a couple finishing touches to put on it. RO setup is next.

The drain upper drain tray empties into a gutter that feeds into the bottom gutter and then out the wall to my planter.

Hope you like it. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Shelves can also be adjusted to accept larger cages.

Hey Action Jackson,
That looks like an amazing setup, I love the shrunken head, a little Voodoo going on down there. What ever works lol . It looks like your ready , can't wait to see them filled. Good luck.
Dave

I see you have been busy. What an awesome job! I'm always impressed with the set ups you have for your guys.

Quite nice.

A thought, no clue if you already thought of it, but for where the water goes out the wall to your garden..... have you made sure nothing can come in? Nothing like a standard Norwegian rat going after your pets inside their cages to make you scratch your head and say "where the F!&@k did THAT come from?"

Your setup is excellent. It looks very professional and functional. Should be lots of happy little parsons in there.:) Congrats!

The unistrut is great for building. That is what the frame in Lenny's room was made from. I had the lights, misters, drippers, plants, large branches all on the unistrut. Lenny even walked on it all time. Hanging large heavy plants off of something means it had to be strong, never had a problem.

Where did you buy the cages or did you make them?

Somehow "Action Jackson" needs to change…Booma Calluma?:D

CHEERS!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom