R.I.P Dragon strand heavy duty drainage tray

Multivitamins

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I've had my dragon strand heavy duty drainage tray since originally buying my chameleon in 2019 it has been amazing as it can support weight if you have plans on the bottom it was very functional and easy to clean I'm sad to announce that it passed away this morning I woke up and noticed some water on the ground I thought it might be an overspray for my misters unfortunately it was not.

The front right corner seems to have just cracked perhaps it was the changing temperatures taking a toll on the plastic material.
or just due to being a few years old I know that this particular model is no longer available I was curious if anyone has the newer drainage tray available through dragon strand? What do you think I'm happy to support d.s but also would like to avoid paying for shipping such a bulky item.

I feel like it'll be just as effective but it is an investment might I be better off trying to use silicone to seal the broken corner or should I just start looking into a new tray to replace this one altogether? It's a horizontal crack in the center of the corner and allows water to leak out. I thought about perhaps rotating it and shimming that corner /side up to force the water to pool in the opposite side of the tray.

Am I overthinking things, well certainly

Also on a bright note I found some of my cuc members giant canyons and powder blues exploring my cage bottom and drainage tray while cleaning it this morning. Was nice to see my lil isopods living their best lives.

Happy new year thanks in advance for any feedback

Last edited:
So I've had my dragon strand heavy duty drainage tray since originally buying my chameleon in 2019 it has been amazing as it can support weight if you have plans on the bottom it was very functional and easy to clean I'm sad to announce that it passed away this morning I woke up and noticed some water on the ground I thought it might be an overspray for my misters unfortunately it was not.

The front right corner seems to have just cracked perhaps it was the changing temperatures taking a toll on the plastic material.
or just due to being a few years old I know that this particular model is no longer available I was curious if anyone has the newer drainage tray available through dragon strand? What do you think I'm happy to support d.s but also would like to avoid paying for shipping such a bulky item.

I feel like it'll be just as effective but it is an investment might I be better off trying to use silicone to seal the broken corner or should I just start looking into a new tray to replace this one altogether? It's a horizontal crack in the center of the corner and allows water to leak out. I thought about perhaps rotating it and shimming that corner /side up to force the water to pool in the opposite side of the tray.

Am I overthinking things, well certainly

Also on a bright note I found some of my cuc members giant canyons and powder blues exploring my cage bottom and drainage tray while cleaning it this morning. Was nice to see my lil isopods living their best lives.

Happy new year thanks in advance for any feedback
You should be able to seal it with cylicon 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom