The clock is ticking

laurie

Retired Moderator
Well it isn't final yet but it looks like my new trio of B. transvaalense will arrive the first part on June. I am so ready for my new kids to arrive on the block.

That's great to hear :D who's getting the pumilums (is that how it's spelled)? I hope that in a few years they are all over the place :)

THREE, Laurie? Are they all ladies? My poor male is going to be a busy bee when he meets all of them.

I also have to start ordering my new cage, thanks for reminding me that they're coming in soon!

Its super exciting! :D

My caging is almost done. :)

Just needed the weather to clear up. ;/

Looks like Ill be able to finish planting, and putting the finishing touches on, today and tomorrow though. :D

Cant wait!

So exciting for you guys, I definatly want to see and hear all about them and their care and setups. :)

Well here was my previous plan, but now im on plan B, since it was recommended to use screen cages instead...
Now theyre just spare cages for some other things! :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336445668488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336445668488.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 281
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336445688864.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336445688864.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 255
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336445716116.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336445716116.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 245
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336445748985.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336445748985.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 279
I like that design, with a screen top and door you could get decent ventalation. By the time i stack all my screened cages next to each other put dividers in I end up with only the screen door and top being open.

I like that design, with a screen top and door you could get decent ventalation. By the time i stack all my screened cages next to each other put dividers in I end up with only the screen door and top being open.

You know what, your right! I knew I should have posted these earlier, I already ordered the screen cages:eek:
Thanks for the idea Hoj, It always helps to get someone elses perspective on something. :)

Well here was my previous plan, but now im on plan B, since it was recommended to use screen cages instead...
Now theyre just spare cages for some other things! :D

!@#$ man, I like!

Im thinking with screen doors and tops(like Hoj mentioned) they could be used for the thamnos! Whatever you stick in there, they will be a clean addition to the reptile room!

How many thamnos are you going to do per cage? At what size cage?

!@#$ man, I like!

Im thinking with screen doors and tops(like Hoj mentioned) they could be used for the thamnos! Whatever you stick in there, they will be a clean addition to the reptile room!

How many thamnos are you going to do per cage? At what size cage?

Those terrariums are 24x24x24, they will all be house individually until that "time" comes.

Plan B is 16x16x20s set atop custom planter boxes( I dislike potted plants in cages:eek:), so in a way they would be like having a 16x16x30. If that makes any sense:p

You could make the two panels out of aluminum frame screen and attach them. Even have a window shop or hardware store make then for you, to your spec.
Just a thought.
I use screen but really like the look of what you built

Lol, now Im tossing between the two! I have one issue though, I cannot screen a frame tight for the life of me w/o screwing it up:eek:

Lol, it can be a pain ;/

With pieces that small though, I dont think they would give you too much trouble. Just use a good metal spline tool, do one side, then the opposing side, then the others. A clamp (or gf) comes in handy to hold the frame in place, so you can pull it taught.

Ill be housing all three of mine together, unless I see any issues.

I dont expect the "time" to come until next spring. :) (but wth do I know :p)

I just thought about a minor flaw in swinging screen doors...... I bought a steel rack that these perfectly fit into, and the 90° steel in the corners would prevent the doors from opening. Sliding screen doors?!?:confused:

I just thought about a minor flaw in swinging screen doors...... I bought a steel rack that these perfectly fit into, and the 90° steel in the corners would prevent the doors from opening. Sliding screen doors?!?:confused:

How do you mean? Like the whole front of them will be covered by the steel? Im confused :p:eek:

Maybe this will help.... :)

The corners are 2" wide, and the mdf is only 3/4"

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336448801301.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336448801301.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 255
Ok, I see. If they meet up with that flush in the front, you might think about adding a strip of board where it will be overlapped by the shelving.

Or maybe have the door itself attached to the shelving, and have them clasp in the middle?

Back
Top Bottom