It’s official, we are now part of the chameleon community.

Kx2+cham

Established Member
Hello fellow chameleon lovers. Yesterday we are officially part of the community when we got our baby. It took us almost a mont to prepare…reading, watching videos, sifting informations from setting up the enclosure to taking care of the chameleon. Basically the pet is my teenage daughter’s pet ( she bought the cham with her own money, though the cage and everything is from me). She said it is a shared pet between her and her younger brother and Dad is the care taker. 😁 Thanks to @Camiezone for the beautiful baby Ambilobe Panther Chameleon.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther, Male, 2 months 2 weeks. Been with a us since yesterday (10/20).
  • Handling - Handled once when putting inside his enclosure from shipping box.
  • Feeding - So far feed him crickets, but in the future will be feeding Dubia, grasshopper, silk worm and hornworm. The feeders are fed with fresh fruits and vegies.
  • Supplements - ReptiCal without D3 and Reptivite. Calcium every feeding and vitamins 2x/month.
  • Watering - Auto misting (using Mistking) scheduled during the night 3x (3 mins two hours after lights off, 2 mins at 1:00 am and 3 mins before lights on) and a fogger that runs drom 1:00 am to 6:00 am (30 mins on then 30 mins off interval). Saw him licking the water droplets from the leaves.
  • Fecal Description - seen him defecate once after he arrived. No testing is scheduled yet.
  • History - Newly acquired from the breeder.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 24” x 24” x 48” three sides with acrylic, front and top screen.
  • Lighting - 24W Arcadia 6% UVB, three T5 HO 6500k grow light (for plants), 50W basking bulb. Lights are 12 on - 12 off.
  • Temperature - Day time temp 74 - 78 F, night 68 - 73 F, basking spot peak at around 86 F. Using two govee temp/humidity gauge with bluetooth. Basking temp measured using temp gun.
  • Humidity - Day time 45 - 50+, night 80 - 95. Data from govee.
  • Plants - Live ficus, photo
  • Placement - close to living room and stairs. Back facing the wall, one side painted to block view from stairs. On top of 30” high table.
  • Location - Vacaville, CA in between San Francisco and Sacramento. Close to Napa Valley.

IMG_9053.jpeg

Hello fellow chameleon lovers. Yesterday we are officially part of the community when we got our baby. It took us almost a mont to prepare…reading, watching videos, sifting informations from setting up the enclosure to taking care of the chameleon. Basically the pet is my teenage daughter’s pet ( she bought the cham with her own money, though the cage and everything is from me). She said it is a shared pet between her and her younger brother and Dad is the care taker. 😁 Thanks to @Camiezone for the beautiful baby Ambilobe Panther Chameleon.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther, Male, 2 months 2 weeks. Been with a us since yesterday (10/20).
  • Feeding - So far feed him crickets, but in the future will be feeding Dubia, grasshopper, silk worm and hornworm. The feeders are fed with fresh fruits and vegies.
  • Supplements - ReptiCal without D3 and Reptivite. Calcium every feeding and vitamins 2x/month.
  • Watering - Auto misting (using Mistking) scheduled during the night 3x (3 mins two hours after lights off, 2 mins at 1:00 am and 3 mins before lights on) and a fogger that runs drom 1:00 am to 6:00 am (30 mins on then 30 mins off interval). Saw him licking the water droplets from the leaves.
  • Fecal Description - seen him defecate once after he arrived. No testing is scheduled yet.

Cage Info:
  • Lighting - 24W Arcadia 6% UVB, three T5 HO 6500k grow light (for plants), 50W basking bulb. Lights are 12 on - 12 off.
  • Temperature - Day time temp 74 - 78 F, night 68 - 73 F, basking spot peak at around 86 F. Using two govee temp/humidity gauge with bluetooth. Basking temp measured using temp gun.
  • Placement - close to living room and stairs. Back facing the wall, one side painted to block view from stairs. On top of 30” high table.
  • Location - Vacaville, CA in between San Francisco and Sacramento. Close to Napa Valley.

View attachment 345253
Beautiful set up. Welcome to the forums! And I can’t wait to see your chameleon 👀 😉

Chameleon Info:

Cage Info:

View attachment 345253
Can I ask where you got that enclosure? It’s bioactive? Holy moly! For your first chameleon you really must have done a lot of research

Can I ask where you got that enclosure? It’s bioactive? Holy moly! For your first chameleon you really must have done a lot of research
Got the cage from DIYCages, it is all screen then along the way decided to put acrylic on three sides to get away from water spraying outside. I wished I have bought the cage from dragonstrand so that no more structure modifications.

Yes, it is bioactive. Hopefully it will run smoothly.

I have to read from here and watch youtube to learn stuff before I set it up.

I’ll be putting my feedback in bold.
Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Ambilobe Panther, Male, 2 months 2 weeks. Been with a us since yesterday (10/20). Such a cutie! I’m looking forward to seeing him grow.
  • Handling - Handled once when putting inside his enclosure from shipping box. @Camiezone has done an amazing job socializing her babies. You’ll want to build and reinforce trust with Picasso. Here’s a great blog on doing that. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/
  • Feeding - So far feed him crickets, but in the future will be feeding Dubia, grasshopper, silk worm and hornworm. Nice variety. The feeders are fed with fresh fruits and vegies. Very nice. I am still attaching a couple of graphics below, just out of habit so you have something to refer to if needed. :)
  • Supplements - ReptiCal without D3 and Reptivite. Calcium every feeding and vitamins 2x/month. Shall I assume your Reptivite is the one with D3? If so, perfect!
  • Watering - Auto misting (using Mistking) scheduled during the night 3x (3 mins two hours after lights off, 2 mins at 1:00 am and 3 mins before lights on) and a fogger that runs drom 1:00 am to 6:00 am (30 mins on then 30 mins off interval). Saw him licking the water droplets from the leaves. I always like to provide opportunity for a drink right before lights go off.
  • Fecal Description - seen him defecate once after he arrived. No testing is scheduled yet. Having a wellness visit with a fecal check is always a good idea. Hopefully you’ll never need a vet, but it’s always good to meet and get started with one when your animal is fine and healthy.
  • History - Newly acquired from the breeder. 💗

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 24” x 24” x 48” three sides with acrylic, front and top screen. Perfect! As your little one becomes a big one, if you have the space you may want to think about giving him a double wide. Males especially enjoy and use all of the extra space. https://chameleonacademy.com/double-wide-chameleon-cage-project/
  • Lighting - 24W Arcadia 6% UVB, three T5 HO 6500k grow light (for plants), 50W basking bulb. Lights are 12 on - 12 off. Perfect!
  • Temperature - Day time temp 74 - 78 F, night 68 - 73 F, basking spot peak at around 86 F. 86 is a bit warm for a little one. Usually we keep young ones and the girls at 80. You definitely need to raise your basking light a few inches above the screen top and that will lower basking temps a bit. Little ones enjoy walking upside down on the screen top and can very easily get burned from the lights on the screen. I just use wire baskets from the dollar store to raise my lights. Using two govee temp/humidity gauge with bluetooth. Basking temp measured using temp gun. You may also want to measure basking temp with a digital thermometer with a probe end.
  • Humidity - Day time 45 - 50+, night 80 - 95. Data from govee. Very nice!
  • Plants - Live ficus, photo I love that you’ve jumped in with both feet and gone bioactive. However, if you haven’t already, you’ll want to add some decent sizes of cork bark and a thick layer of leaf litter for your clean up crew to hide under. My chams have treated their isopods as an all you can eat buffet. It is nice enrichment for them, but the cuc is there to do a job, not be snacks.
  • Placement - close to living room and stairs. Back facing the wall, one side painted to block view from stairs. On top of 30” high table. Very nice.
Very little to change. You’ve definitely done your homework and no doubt will Picasso be enjoying a wonderful, happy and healthy life with you. Just so you know, we do have a few different threads going, like Tail Tuesday https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/tail-tuesday.171362/ PJ pics (which has been abandoned for a year and needs to be revitalized) https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/pj-pics.180560/page-5 and a couple of others that my elude my tired brain at the moment.
I’m very glad that you’ve found your way here and look forward to seeing more of you and sweet Picasso. 🥰

• IMG_0151.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg

Here is Picasso (right out of the shipping box).View attachment 345257
welcome @Kx2+cham and Picasso! @MissSkittles has helped you with the husbandry. We are so glad you are here! @Camiezone has some beautiful chameleons and I love seeing them going to caring homes. this little guy will steal your heart away for sure 💗 feel free to ask absolutely any questions you have, and PLEASE feel free to post all the pictures you can! we are very glad you decided to join us on this forum. I love watching videos from Chameleon academy and Neptune the chameleon on YouTube. in fact, here is the new Neptune the chameleon website, if you want to view it. https://www.neptunethechameleon.com/
His colors are beautiful and only going to get better! I can't wait to see his adventure in his amazing life with you!

Thank you @MissSkittles for the review. All points are noted and will do the necessary changes. Yes, the Reptivite is the one with D3. The double cage, we will see if the big boss will allow it…😁

I hope we can give Picasso the best life he could get. Definitely will share photos of him as he grow.
Only use with vitamin d3 like 2 times a month. It has to be without d3 for all the other days. Also I use repashy and arcadia supplements. I'm not sure if there is a huge dirterence between the different brands, but I've never (knock on wood) had any health issues with any of them.

Only use with vitamin d3 like 2 times a month. It has to be without d3 for all the other days. Also I use repashy and arcadia supplements. I'm not sure if there is a huge dirterence between the different brands, but I've never (knock on wood) had any health issues with any of them.
Yes the one with D3 is scheduled 2x/month only. Was thinking of changing my supplements using Arcadia and Repashy, since I have been reading that they are good.

Back
Top Bottom