That feeling you get when you are getting a reptile next day air.

Syn

Avid Member
I did not sleep a wink last night and I still feel wide awake! I'm sure later today I'm going to absolutely crash but hey! Until then I'm still waiting for my rescue gecko Ace!

Ace was a rescue off a Utah craigslist. He was with several other geckos who were fed baby food (a big no-no), but surprisingly, all of them survived! Ace had MBD but he is recovering now. He will be my niece's "pet" crested. (Which will still be my responsibility for the most part, so no worries there.) :)

Ace requires a UVB light to help with calcium absorption as well as liquid calcium. I still need to get that because unfortunately when I went to the pet store yesterday, the liquid calcium was a lot more than I had thought it was. (Pet store mark ups! :mad:) :( However, if you have some locally that you could loan me until I can get some, even sell it to me, I would appreciate it. :)

Anyways, I know! This thread is useless without pictures, but, he hasn't gotten here yet! I've been checking the tracking number all night/morning..
PHOENIX, AZ, US 03/17/2010
5:15 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
I will try to get pictures uploaded A.S.A.P.! I'll even bring my laptop with me to the business address he's being sent to.

I'm getting all nervous! :p Why can't they just be teleported to us? I mean, sheesh.. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean, I get that way waiting on hornworms and silkies just knowing how happy my cham will be when I get them home :D . I hope all works out for the little guy, I know he's in good hands. :)

Reactions: Syn
Thanks Donna!

I really hope everything goes smoothly. I'm always a very paranoid person thinking suddenly Arizona's freak weather will flare up and it will be 102 today before he arrives.. But hey! I'm sure I'd be doing that with hornworms too. Speaking of horns and silks, I think I'm going to give my little ones a treat... Hmm.. :p

I think " That feeling you get when you are getting a reptile next day air. " should have it's own fan page on facebook. :rolleyes:

Welcome Ace. :)

6z7osm.jpg

In this picture you can see what MBD has done to him.

2zsv7yt.jpg

Hopefully no updates from you in the past 45 minutes means that you received your delivery and are having fun (or too busy taking pictures). Since I don't have anything new coming, I need to get excited over forum members new acquisitions.

Oops! I'm too slow when it comes to typing!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's the lighting but he looks like he was wrapped in velvet. I'm sure he'll be feeling much better (as much as he can) under your care.

Nice looking crested. Congrats. He's in very good hands now. Good luck with him... and he's not a goober :)

Congrats! There is no better feeling than rescuing a mistreated animal. I rescued a crestie myself not too long ago and she's done a complete 180* since then, she was in horrible condition when I found her. I'm sure Ace is going to love his new home!

Also, I am in your shoes at this moment! My new little Panther is on his way here tonight :D It's such an exciting wait!

Overnight shipping will be the death of me. LOL!! No sleep, stress, keep checking outside to see if the UPS guy is there..

Oh, and this is a post-rescue crested by the way. He is still going through minor "treatment", though.

Back
Top Bottom