terramycin (oxytetracycline hydrochloride)!???

Lyneeso

terramycin (oxytetracycline hydrochloride)

So have any of you used this topical antibiotic ointment (petroleum based) successfully in treating various forms of mouth rot??? please if you could either give accounts of successful/failed attempts at treating mouth rot in chameleons, I believe it would be very informative for all of us!

ANY DOCTORS IN THE HOUSE?????

THANK YOU ALL!
Lyneeso

TERRAMYCIN® OPHTHALMIC OINTMENT
(oxytetracycline hydrochloride, polymyxin B sulfate)
Ointment
Description

Ophthalmic antibiotic ointment for use in dogs. (and reptiles!!)

:)I have used it with much success in curing mouth rot in green iguanas!!!!!:)

Provides dual antibiotic activity of oxytetracycline and polymyxin B.
Approved Uses

TERRAMYCIN® (oxytetracycline hydrochloride, polymyxin B sulfate) OPHTHALMIC OINTMENT is approved for:
The prophylaxis and local treatment of superficial ocular infections due to oxytetracycline- and polymyxin-sensitive organisms, including infections due to streptococci, rickettsiae, E. coli, and Aerobacter aerogenes, such as conjunctivitis, keratitis, pink eye, corneal ulcer, blepharitis in dogs; ocular infections due to secondary bacterial complications of distemper in dogs; and bacterial inflammatory conditions which may occur secondary to other infectious diseases in these species.
Key Features

Versatile antibiotic ointment with broad-spectrum antibacterial activity against ;)gram-positive and gram-negative organisms.;)

:)Valuable component of a small-animal first-aid armamentarium.:)

Available in dispensable tubes.
Packaging

1/8 oz tubes.

Dosage and Administration

May be administered topically to the eye 2 to 4 times daily.

Precautions

Allergic reactions may occasionally occur. Treatment should be discontinued if reactions are severe.

Use of oxytetracycline and other antibiotics may result in an overgrowth of resistant organisms such as Monilia, staphylococci, and other species of bacteria. If new infections due to nonsensitive bacteria or fungi appear during therapy, appropriate measures should be taken.

For animal use only. Not for human use.

Restricted drug in California; use only as directed.

Store at temperatures below 25° C (77° F).

Ive treated mouth rot,in a cham I aquired from another keeper, by cleaning the affected area with mouth wash , then increasing vitamin supplementation in the diet and it reversed within 2 weeks.

Do you have any idea what is at the root of the problem. Why does your cham have mouth rot?

Im glad you observe the dates as that is completely irrelevant to the subject and post.

I have successfully treated WC Furcifer pardalis for mouth rot and figured Id let some people know. Instead of making a new thread i used the search and post in the pertaining threads. So if you have any thing that is worth adding to the topic go ahead if not why post?

Last edited:
Those of us who answer questions on here don't want to spend time trying keep it straight when two people are asking questions about different things in the same thread...s we ask them to make separate threads. We try to help people on here because they need the help and we love chameleons...but we have a lot of people to help as well as fillies no pets of our own to look after and usually jobs as well....so sometimes we may seem a little rude....but it's not intended.

Old threads often have outdated info and we don't want to bring it back up again...nor do we want to read the whole thread to figure out what's going on..so we ask for people to start me threads.

You started your own thread here...
You asked for help in the thread but never replied....
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/chameleon-is-dark.177703/ That's another thing we have to del with frequently too.

I'm not intending to be rude....just trying to explain why sometimes we may seem a little short.

I doubt Ferritinmyshoes we intending to be rude...she's a vet and a staff member and leads a busy life ...and she's always helping people on here.

All that being said....hope you get the help you're looking for on here now!

Came here for this same question and find the comment from staff. Are the answers from staff always so rude? Not being smart I’m just looking for a thread where people help people and not rude
Ironically, I'm going to point out that you're upset over a thread that was last active 10 years ago, which was only an argument about the wisdom of resurrecting a 2 year old thread 😄

Came here for this same question and find the comment from staff. Are the answers from staff always so rude? Not being smart I’m just looking for a thread where people help people and not rude
Hi there. That was a thread from 10 years ago, before I was even a staff member btw. And Kinyonga explained the reasons for the flippant response perfectly. Let us know if you need further help on your own thread.

Back
Top Bottom