Tattoo cover-up (pic heavy)...

Jerm

Avid Member
I'm in the process of haveing an old tribal tattoo covered by a new design. Since a whole chameleon wasn't practical for the shape and area, I decided to go with a parts of a chameleon. It will be an eye and a tail. The tattoo artist is going off of some of my photographs of my male panther chameleos "Steve" and his son "Osiris". The first pic is the tribal that I am covering. They are in order of sequence up to what I currently have. It is a total of 6 1/2 hours so far and probabl have 4 or 5 hours left of work. I love the progress so far. The eye is not complete yet, it will take some layering to cover the rest of the tribal that is still showing through.

Original Tribal (9 years ago):
tattoo-1-1.jpg

Outline of Cover-up:
tattoo9.jpg

tattoo10.jpg

tattoo8.jpg

Shadowing:
DSCN8615.jpg

DSCN8617.jpg

DSCN8616.jpg

Adding color:
DSCN8667.jpg

DSCN8666.jpg

DSCN8668.jpg

Detailing the eye:
tattoo22.jpg

looks pretty kool, im having a hard time picturing the finakl pc but im sure your share pics, looks like good work tho. and just a side note is the first pic a old one cause the tribal looks pretty fresh in that shot, or are u covering up a recent tat

Thats going to be an awesome piece! Looks like the artist is doing a great job in covering up the other piece. Thanks for sharing!

Jerm did you have on a shirt that covered that each time Lee & I came over? I never saw it, I know both of us were looking at the cool stuff at your house, but I thought I was a little bit more observant that that. You are getting a wonderful cover up. Can't wait to actually see this one.:)

First few pics I was looking at the tribal going "hows this gonna turn out?" But your artist is doing a terrific job. I keep telling myself I have no artistic imagination. I cant wait to see the final product.

That is looking awesome, he really is doing a great job of covering the old one. Its just too bad a whole cham wouldn't have fit well. With the artist you have it would have looked totally amazing! Please keep us updated.

Awesome man- I worked in a tattoo shop for a 'minute' and boy I don't miss it a bit. Excellent work. How many sittings have you had up until this point? Keep posting pics man.

Nice! I have similar tribals on both of my arms, one of which I already had covered up, I just need to cover the other one with something like what you got there. Down with the 90's tats!

LOL STOP FLEXING haha j/k dude the eyes look killer! as a fellow tattoo enthusiast I have a full bio organic sleeve black and gray and a bio under water organic half leg piece that is in progress i do respect the art of that cover up... cant wait to see the ending

That looks like its going to turn out beautifully. My arms are mostly bare now but in the future I have plans for half sleeves with animals (a cham will most certainly be included). Anyways, that's a really neat idea for a coverup.

Looks pretty sweet so far! But dude... Give some props to your artist , who clearly knows what he's doin!
Who's your artist? From where?
I've been tattooing for over 16 years , owned my own shop for the last ... Wow... 11 years....! Us tattoo artists are usually a conceited bunch... And when ya do a good tattoo like your cover up- it's great to hear the client brag about it!! And generally our advertising is all thru word of mouth and networking- so post a link to his shop.....! You got a very large, very cool tattoo- you are now his walking billboard!

Thanks guys! I have an updated pic but wanted to respond first. Sorry for the delay I haven't had a computer for awhile.

the first pic a old one cause the tribal looks pretty fresh in that shot, or are u covering up a recent tat

The photo was taken when it was new but that was done 9 years ago

Jerm did you have on a shirt that covered that each time Lee & I came over? I never saw it, I know both of us were looking at the cool stuff at your house, but I thought I was a little bit more observant that that. You are getting a wonderful cover up. Can't wait to actually see this one.:)

Hi Laurie, yeah you can't see it when I have a shirt on. I'm pretty sure that I had my shirt on the whole time that you guys were here. lol. Thanks, I can't wait to see it finished too..

How many sittings have you had up until this point?

So far 5 sittings total of 10 hours. Approx. 2 hours of work left.

Who's your artist? From where?

Was going to get to that. The guys name is JR and he is the owner of Guayama Ink in Longwood, Florida. He does some amazing work. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/guayamaink

Latest pics. Total of 10 hours so far.
DSCN8894.jpg

DSCN8898.jpg

DSCN8895.jpg

All that is left is to fill in the tail and go back over the eye area to cover the tribal better. It should be almost white around the pupil when it is finished. Probably 2 hours left.

Artist: JR
Owner of Guayama Ink, Longwood, Florida

Back
Top Bottom