Tamura Designs Ventilation

Oh so that is the material he uses on all cages? I would think the reverse though bigger holes more comes through. Now my brain hurts more.
Just depends on the habitat . That was a wider unit 30 inches wide so I needed more support. That’s why we use the stainless steel Instead of the screen

Well it would change if you ended up measuring more in front of the bulb rather than right below it. Are we having fun yet? Thank you for helping with this. ❤️
Yeah, I’ve seen the same thing if you move it forward or backwards just a couple of inches underneath the bulb the numbers change dramatically. You have to be directly underneath it.

Just wanted to add these photos of my beautiful Tamura design enclosure (site sponsor) I was doing some maintainence today and snapped these photos. So many possibilities with this enclosure and worth every penny!
IMG_7037.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7021.jpeg
    IMG_7021.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 10
Please oh please I beg you… someone with a Tamura place a (cold) smoke pen in your current setup and post a YouTube video to this thread that shows where the smoke goes. Use your heat lamps, PC fans on full blast, crosscuts doors, you name it. I will send you $40.00 via Apple Cash so you can buy the pen on Amazon. It would help the forums a lot to see in real time what the air does in those enclosures.

Attachments

• IMG_7968.jpeg
    IMG_7968.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7969.jpeg
    IMG_7969.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7970.jpeg
    IMG_7970.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 8
Please oh please I beg you… someone with a Tamura place a (cold) smoke pen in your current setup and post a YouTube video to this thread that shows where the smoke goes. Use your heat lamps, PC fans on full blast, crosscuts doors, you name it. I will send you $40.00 via Apple Cash so you can buy the pen on Amazon. It would help the forums a lot to see in real time what the air does in those enclosures.
I can already tell you it’ isn’t going to be me 🤣🤣🤣 I tried to help with a ubv study and I just felt like a maroon

I’m going to up that to $100.00. I will give $100.00 via Apple Cash to the first person who posts a YouTube video demonstrating the ventilation within their Tamura enclosure by using a cold smoke pen. I will send $40.00 for you to buy the pen and another $60.00 when the video is posted in the forums with me tagged. Once I see proper air movement I will 100% buy a Tamura.

I’ll see what I can do I don’t need your pen I will use fog . And I’ll do it for free . Anything to help the community 😊 But basically I already know what it does. Depending on whether the fans draw in or out . With the doors completely shut. The air will force down in. And below back out the top. With the crosscut doors open. Fans blowing in. The fog will slowly dissipate out the sides. Going the opposite way it draws it up from the sides and blows it out the top.

I’ll see what I can do I don’t need your pen I will use fog . But basically I already know what it does. Depending on whether the fans draw in or out . With the doors completely shut. The air will force down in. And below back out the top. With the crosscut doors open. Fans blowing in. The fog will slowly dissipate out the sides. Going the opposite way it draws it up from the sides and blows it out the top.
No, don’t use fog because it’s denser than air. It’s carrying a lot of water vapor and it will just drop. We want to know what the air is doing, not just the fog.

Yeah, I’m not gonna put smoke in my habitat with my chameleon . Maybe later this spring when I can put her outside for the day. I’ll try to remember this.
Maybe Dale @Tamura Designs
will take you up on this he’s actually building me two as we speak maybe before he wraps it up, he can throw a test on it . I’m😊👍
I’m getting another one too 😂 but for my sons bearded dragon, also eyeballing a 3rd for some frogs 💚

I would like to see the test done with and without PC fans. If everyone is running PC fans on their Tamura enclosures maybe the test will show that they’re not even necessary

I tried to imagine how much less I would see of my chameleons with Reptibreeze vs. Tamura so I scribbled a bit on some photos. That’s a lot of PVC blocking the views unless I got a large plexi glass window on the sides too. I’m sure that could be done.

Attachments

• IMG_7971.jpeg
    IMG_7971.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7758.jpeg
    IMG_7758.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7972.jpeg
    IMG_7972.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7757.jpeg
    IMG_7757.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I tried to imagine how much less I would see of my chameleons with Reptibreeze vs. Tamura so I scribbled a bit on some photos. That’s a lot of PVC blocking the views unless I got a large plexi glass window on the sides too. I’m sure that could be done.
Yeah… he makes all clear fronts as well

I would like to see the test done with and without PC fans. If everyone is running PC fans on their Tamura enclosures maybe the test will show that they’re not even necessary
Regardless, if the PC fans are needed or not I would be using them they help dry out the enclosure. I think PC fans are necessary and most hybrid enclosures . They create air movement. It looks like you want one . I don’t blame you For wanting the test. But I can honestly say. With great confidence . If you’re wanting a custom enclosure, and are willing to spend the money they’re worth it . I don’t know if you’ve seen this it is my all acrylic front.

Attachments

• IMG_8679.jpeg
    IMG_8679.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8680.jpeg
    IMG_8680.jpeg
    303.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8681.jpeg
    IMG_8681.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 11
Yeah I just wanna say I agree with @crosscutts I have a full hybrid DS enclosure. I do run a PC fan on mine as well. Same concepts as what the Tamura enclosures are. I think honestly the proof is in how many people are buying them and having total success. James being one of them. He has bought multiple types now. I forget how many years since he got his first one. He is also housing Panthers and Parsons in them. No health issues with any of his Chams.

Back
Top Bottom