Tamura Designs Ventilation

letterkenny

After posting a thread here, I decided to get a Tamura design. Has anyone here ordered it with additional ventilation? I asked them but haven’t heard back with the option that can be ordered.

@crosscutts has quite a few of their cages. I have tagged him here for you. Most of us with any hybrid use the pc fans on top of the cage to pull air up and out as well.
More so curious where they add it. I have PC fans already. I asked them via email but just waiting on a reply.

I just got one of the screen door enclosures with double doors so it can vent during the day and hold in humidity at night I’m pretty sure he can do just about anything you ask! You will be so happy with it. @crosscutts was the inspiration for mine as well. It took a while to hear back but they will get back to you! He runs multiple businesses ☺️

After posting a thread here, I decided to get a Tamura design. Has anyone here ordered it with additional ventilation? I asked them but haven’t heard back with the option that can be ordered.
They have a Lotta options and then they can do what you want also . Dale and I came up with a double door so that I can close the door at night and have my humidity rise. He calls them crosscutt doors . I can open it during the day to let it dry out the fans Dale fans have a motion which makes it like a wave of air. fan, speed up and slow down to simulate actual wind. They mount on acrylic wings that cover over the top of the cage.. be patient Dale has several businesses he runs he will get back to you. This is the recent one I just had delivered.
IMG_8143.jpeg
IMG_8145.jpeg
IMG_8141.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8144.jpeg
    IMG_8144.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I had some added to my phyllomedusa cage and saw him do it. They bored holes about the size of a 50 cent piece in upper back panel, and then put in plastic pieces with small holes and glued them in. They are unobtrusive and work just as I wanted.

I realise your question isn’t directed at me but I was talking to @crosscutts while setting mine up and I believe it only has one it is a 12% because of the size. This is what I ended up doing for mine…

Attachments

• 42D35CA7-DBE2-4B21-93A3-3EBE24DFE3DF.jpeg
    42D35CA7-DBE2-4B21-93A3-3EBE24DFE3DF.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 36
I realise your question isn’t directed at me but I was talking to @crosscutts while setting mine up and I believe it only has one it is a 12% because of the size. This is what I ended up doing for mine…
The more the merrier! I thought a 12% would be too high? And then the rest are plant LEDs? My wife is the plant expert so I’ll let her chime in on the needs for what we do.

The more the merrier! I thought a 12% would be too high? And then the rest are plant LEDs? My wife is the plant expert so I’ll let her chime in on the needs for what we do.
I did at first as well. But I checked my 6 % with my solar meter and it was barely registering it wasn’t even a 1. Anything and once I put the 12% in I got just a little over a 3

I did at first as well. But I checked my 6 % with my solar meter and it was barely registering it wasn’t even a 1. Anything and once I put the 12% in I got just a little over a 3

I’m using 1 12% uvb two 6500k plant lights one 75w incandescent ( basking) and 4 22” jungle, Dawn led’s
Hey you guys... I would love some info on this to understand the use of the 12% in a single bulb T5HO fixture. What is the distance to closest branches below?

Is it a matter of having basking branches farther away or do you think the screen material on the top is reducing the UVI farther?

I wish I could offer some intelligence on this matter but I’ve already made myself look like a fool once for today on here 😂

I wish I could offer some intelligence on this matter but I’ve already made myself look like a fool once for today on here 😂
LOL. Ok so here is the question. Do you have another cage type along with the Tamura cage you got? If so with your solarmeter can you check the same UVB light with 12% bulb on that cage measured at the same distance your getting your 3 UVI on the Tamura cage. Using the same distance, fixture type and bulb with both placed on the screen will tell me if there is a further reduction in UVI level with the Tamura screen type.

LOL. Ok so here is the question. Do you have another cage type along with the Tamura cage you got? If so with your solarmeter can you check the same UVB light with 12% bulb on that cage measured at the same distance your getting your 3 UVI on the Tamura cage. Using the same distance, fixture type and bulb with both placed on the screen will tell me if there is a further reduction in UVI level with the Tamura screen type.
I already took the other one down… I really wish I would have checked this first 🥲

Hey you guys... I would love some info on this to understand the use of the 12% in a single bulb T5HO fixture. What is the distance to closest branches below?

Is it a matter of having basking branches farther away or do you think the screen material on the top is reducing the UVI farther?
I’m gonna think it’s the screen on top , i’ve never checked the UV on a straight bulb . But I have the same issue was checking the UVI with the 6% at 3 inches I was less than 1.5 . And I’m not remembering what my readings were for the 12%. But I’ll check it when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom