Ok so here is 6 and 9 inches with a brand new 6%

Attachments

• IMG_5183.jpeg
    IMG_5183.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5181.jpeg
    IMG_5181.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 34
You’re a magician how did you pull the tape measure the light meter and the phone 🤣🤣 now you know why I use 12% 🤷 and just hold the branches down lower.
I made my husband assist. I told him I needed to show the measurement because I’ve been a bit flighty and people may wonder 🤣 yeah I made some branch adjustments today and I’m really happy with where everything is sitting with the 12% and good thing my backs ups just came in the mail

I made my husband assist. I told him I needed to show the measurement because I’ve been a bit flighty and people may wonder 🤣 yeah I made some branch adjustments today and I’m really happy with where everything is sitting with the 12% and good thing my backs ups just came in the mail
I went to the Reptile show here in San Luis Obispo today I was gonna buy several and some other back up equipment but they didn’t have anything !!! oh well

Yes you’re exactly right . But as you know, I’m dealing with Parsons. None of them go up to the top generally stay low, so I needed to penetrate a little deeper into the habitat . So what we’re seeing is screen allows a lot more through. but it’s almost a requirement if you’re using the stainless steel with the pin holes.
Oh so that is the material he uses on all cages? I would think the reverse though bigger holes more comes through. Now my brain hurts more.

Mine is.. I have a light hood setup from him as well. So it’s really hard to get a picture of what’s going on but you can see there is a gap where I have placed the plug in the picture. The humidity bar is in front of the ubv light but they are both about and inch to inch and a half off the screen
IMG_5190.jpeg

Mine is.. I have a light hood setup from him as well. So it’s really hard to get a picture of what’s going on but you can see there is a gap where I have placed the plug in the picture. The humidity bar is in front of the ubv light but they are both about and inch to inch and a half off the screenView attachment 345033
Will you measure the exact distance from the bottom of the fixture to the screen for me? Because this is where the loss of additional UVI is. Because it is raised more.

Ok auditor in me coming out. Are these readings accurate or am I misreading them? Why is the 9” distance 2.1 but 6” only 1.8? Seems like they should be switched, no?
This is what I am trying to find out for sure for you. If you raise a fixture off the top this will extend your distance to the branches... So essentially if raised 2 inches you now need your branches to be closer to the screen as well. So this would mean if using a 6% since your needing a total distance of 8-9 inches to the branches you want those branches to then be 6-7 inches from the screen. This gives a total distance of 8-9 inches to the branches. Meaning you are now in a 3 UVI level where the cham rises off the branches.

This in turn would apply to a 12% bulb. So a 12% bulb your looking for roughly a 11-12 inch distance... So same thing. If raised 2 inches off the screen your needing 9-10 inches to the branches to then put the cham in the 3 UVI level. So total distance from bottom of fixture to branches right below it is then 11-12 inches.

Now there are variables... Such as material it is penetrating through. Exact distance off the screen top, fixture type, reflector type etc.

Right my hand moved a couple inches over and it gave me a different reading? Does that not happen with you guys and your solar meters? I should have done a video I guess. What I really should have done was not involved myself 🤣🤡 I measured but again I’m not very able body apparently that measurement said 1 and a half inches off the screen. Im sorry I couldn’t be more helpful

Right my hand moved a couple inches over and it gave me a different reading? Does that not happen with you guys and your solar meters? I should have done a video I guess. What I really should have done was not involved myself 🤣🤡 I measured but again I’m not very able body apparently that measurement said 1 and a half inches off the screen. Im sorry I couldn’t be more helpful
Well it would change if you ended up measuring more in front of the bulb rather than right below it. Are we having fun yet? Thank you for helping with this. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom