T8 vs T12 light fixture

Chameleon87

Alright, I'm having a hard time finding a T8 light fixture online, anyone have any suggestions? Replaced my T12 and got shipped T8s and they keep flickering in my current fixture. Sucks that Reptisun isn't making T12 anymore. Is it easier to just get a new ballast?

Walmart's cheap floro fixtures are T8s 18 inch is 6.50 and 24 inch is 7.50 at my local Wallyworld.

I went to a hardware/lighting store, and bought a fixture with ballast that does both/either. It wasnt expensive. Works best if both bulbs (it holds two) are the same T8 or T12, but works equally well with either.

Thanks, that info helps out a lot and I'm glad it's relatively inexpensive. A T8 Reptisun 5.0 and a regular fluorescent wouldn't be too much light would it? or stick to just Reptisun 5.0?

We found T8 fixtures at Home Depot for about $20 and have not had any problems with them. Do not continue to use the T8 lights in the T12 fixture because it will ruin the bulb. The ballast needs to match the lamp and T8 lamps require an electronic ballast.

link to post about the fixture

Yes, if you use T8 bulbs ina t12 fixture they will burn out very fast, atleast minea ll did. Also T8 is a little more energy efficient. so those are what I use. And the fixture is like $16 at home depot.

If you get the fixture from home depot they have a natural sunshine t8 bulb that provides pleanty of light in a dual fixture with the uvb bulb. It also helps the plants alot.

Back
Top Bottom