Zoomed T8 fixture not working

Sooo I have a 48in T8 for my uroplatus babies and I noticed the light seemed to be going out (not very bright and not emitting much uvb at all.) So I went ahead and bought a new bulb but the same issue is occurring. I'm guessing it's an issue with the fixture but was wondering if anyone could help. I'd hate to buy a new fixture if it's something I can fix. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sooo I have a 48in T8 for my uroplatus babies and I noticed the light seemed to be going out (not very bright and not emitting much uvb at all.) So I went ahead and bought a new bulb but the same issue is occurring. I'm guessing it's an issue with the fixture but was wondering if anyone could help. I'd hate to buy a new fixture if it's something I can fix. Thanks in advance
It sounds like the transformer went bad. It's a fairly easy fix but I highly recommend upgrading to a T5HO fixture and uvb buld. Uvb from a T8 doesn't penetrate into the enclosure very far. I think you'd like Arcadia's ProT5 fixtures.

It sounds like the transformer went bad. It's a fairly easy fix but I highly recommend upgrading to a T5HO fixture and uvb buld. Uvb from a T8 doesn't penetrate into the enclosure very far. I think you'd like Arcadia's ProT5 fixtures.

Yeah thats actually the reason I'm using these T8s lol. I use T5s for all my chameleons.. but Arcadia T5HO tend to run more intense (as far as uvb goes.) Leaf Tail Geckos don't need much uvb as it is so I use T8s for my baby cages.

When you say transformer are you asking about the ballast ?

Back
Top Bottom