T. quadricornis eggs

Dooley1

Avid Member
Finally miss quadricornis has laid her eggs. The father was hatched by Laurie and raised by me, and the mom was hatched by Tylene (Flynn's daughter) and raised by Bill.

8 perfect looking eggs and one that is probably infertile.

I look forward to seeing pics of the little ones when they hatch. :) Quad faces are just so darn sweet!

Yes Tylene! Woohoo! Hopefully Nero will find he likes the other girl soon. She's big and ready to breed but has no suitors at the moment. Ha.

Boy, I don't know what to do about that.
Does anyone have any ideas? He's lived a sheltered life:)
What do people do when their panthers won't breed?

So Kevin, what's the father's name and the mother's? Has he fathered a previous clutch? This is the female's first? Congrats!

Perry

Man our group is getting eggs all over the place.:D:D:D:D
These are cb but still a lovely addition, added to the wc eggs we just had. WOW, I am a happy person.

That would be great Laurie. I don't know that I'm optimistic about Cheryl's first gravid girl's clutch. I cannot tell from the pic for sure of course but only 2 of the eggs really look good...but I'm hoping I'm wrong!

Perry, this is the first clutch for either of them. I never named them :eek:

I guess I should ;)

No pressure. Just easier to keep track with names. That's all. :D That's why I just recently started naming mine.

I haven't thought completely trough this or checked with many keepers, but it seems that, in general, males that were raised mostly indoors haven't been as reliable of breeders as those raised outdoors and/or raised on feeders fed commercial gut loads for the first part of their lives.

I know one male that you got from me, now named Typhoon and being kept by Anna after Laurie had him for a while, never did breed with any of your or Laurie's females. It doesn't seem not breeding is unique to him either. Another male that I raised from one of my clutches (completely indoors and no commercial gut-load) would go through the head bobbing and would even climb on top of a completely willing Gracie but he never completed the act.:confused: Very strange. Also, Pablo, cbb and raised completely indoors has displayed to a receptive female (Gracie) but hasn't yet actually mated. :confused:

In contrast, I've never had a WC male (obtained as an adult) that wouldn't breed. I'm just wondering if you or other quad keepers might have noticed a general trend of indoor raised cbb males being more problematic (I haven't noticed cbb females being a problem at all) than either WC males or cbb males raised using commercial gut loads and/or raised outdoors part of their lives during a possible critical development period.

No pressure. Just easier to keep track with names. That's all. :D That's why I just recently started naming mine.

I haven't thought completely trough this or checked with many keepers, but it seems that, in general, males that were raised mostly indoors haven't been as reliable of breeders as those raised outdoors and/or raised on feeders fed commercial gut loads for the first part of their lives.

I know one male that you got from me, now named Typhoon and being kept by Anna after Laurie had him for a while, never did breed with any of your or Laurie's females. It doesn't seem not breeding is unique to him either. Another male that I raised from one of my clutches (completely indoors and no commercial gut-load) would go through the head bobbing and would even climb on top of a completely willing Gracie but he never completed the act.:confused: Very strange. Also, Pablo, cbb and raised completely indoors has displayed to a receptive female (Gracie) but hasn't yet actually mated. :confused:

In contrast, I've never had a WC male (obtained as an adult) that wouldn't breed. I'm just wondering if you or other quad keepers might have noticed a general trend of indoor raised cbb males being more problematic (I haven't noticed cbb females being a problem at all) than either WC males or cbb males raised using commercial gut loads and/or raised outdoors part of their lives during a possible critical development period.

Nero was raised indoors until he was 6 months. Then he was outside until he went to PA in November. So, it's not lack of sunshine. He was fed gut loaded crickets, superworms, dubia on Cricket crack. He also had silkworms, mantids and soldier flies.

Last edited:
I don't know Perry. I sort of expect WC males to be more aggressive breeders in many cases with chameleons. I'm sure it could be a number of things. Chris Anderson had mentioned a study on raising chameleons in groups rather than singly.

Was Nero raised alone or in a group Tylene?

I don't know Perry. I sort of expect WC males to be more aggressive breeders in many cases with chameleons. I'm sure it could be a number of things. Chris Anderson had mentioned a study on raising chameleons in groups rather than singly.

He was raised alone. But, so was Jake (from Perry's line) and he has fathered a clutch, and was raised exactly the same as Nero. He is 6 months older though.

On a tangent of sorts but still having to do with a male's willingness to breed, I've heard/read when a male is continually kept with females, his aggressiveness in breeding diminishes. However, the two males that fathered my bloodline A and bloodline B were housed with a female all the time, even after the female was gravid. Occasionally, one of the males would "test" the female's receptiveness by head-bobbing but as soon as she rocked and turned dark, those males quickly took the hint and stopped, after which, the females would turn light again. I keep them in large heavily planted enclosures so the males and females can each have their own space. Bottom line though is that the WC males that fathered those two bloodlines continued to father multiple clutches with the female they were housed with. Their breeding willingness did not seem to decrease over the years.

Perry

Last edited:
Also, Pablo, cbb and raised completely indoors ....

I think I need to revise that statement. Ryan in LA raised him (a male that Laurie hatched), but I think I recall that Pablo did spend at least some time outdoors. I'm not sure about supplementation either. I'm pretty sure I asked Ryan about those things, but I'll have to text Ryan or go back and find our email/text exchanges to better clarify. I'll post on this thread as soon as I know for sure.

Perry

Back
Top Bottom