T. quad gracilior Lower lip infection

Tormund my young male gracilior has developed an infection in his lower lip over the last week so he got to go to the vet for the first time yesterday. No foreign materials were found but he did have a small amount of pus that was cleaned out. Docs guess was a scratch from a feeder that got infected. Probably a roach leg got between his lip and jaw. He received an antibiotic injection and I got some topical silver sulfadine and oral enrofloxacin to give every other day. Hopefully he's on the road to recovery now but unfortunately I feel like I've gone 10 steps backwords in our relationship. He's been shy since the start and we had got to the point I could get him outside without to much stress, now is terrified of me and hides as soon as I enter the chameleons room.

The best part about it the situation is I think I finally have a good chameleon vet within an hour of my house. First thing I saw walking in was a 30lb tortoise roaming the halls and a savannah monitor that was up next getting a tail amputation, good indications that Dr. Rossi wasn't just a dog and cat guy who also had exotics written on his sign.

I'll try and get some more pics when I'm treating him tomorrow, he showed more color than I've ever seen when he got fired up as the vet poked around his mouth. Got a clean bill of health otherwise and impressed them with his grip strength trying to drive those little red nails right into vets hand.
B868B78A-C0E8-41A5-85E0-551FF60A8AA8_zps5flzdsec.jpg

If you don't mind me asking... how much was it to have him checked up on and given ointment? I think mine might have the same problem but I don't want to pay a ton of money

If you don't mind me asking... how much was it to have him checked up on and given ointment? I think mine might have the same problem but I don't want to pay a ton of money

It was $115 for exam, baytril injection, take home sulfadine and oral Baytril. Definitely worth it.

Back
Top Bottom