Swollen spikes

rango11

My 4 year old panther Cham has recently gone through shedding. There’s normally a few tiny bits left of him that fall off sooner or later or I can brush off but this time there seems to be some stuck in the spikes/spines on his back. They now look swollen and almost like they’re wobbly. If I try to help get the shed off he huffs and moves away. Just wondering if anyone’s seen anything similar.

Attachments

• 214163B2-AC7D-46F3-9616-BDF9AA35B883.jpeg
    214163B2-AC7D-46F3-9616-BDF9AA35B883.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 6CF3B6CF-62FC-4A44-9095-03C189299ADC.jpeg
    6CF3B6CF-62FC-4A44-9095-03C189299ADC.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 95
Thanks for the reply, I’m thinking that too at the minute as I’ve recently changed the lamp from 75w to 100w as the temps were a little cold but on reflection I should probably have moved the bulb closer. Assuming it is burns what’s the best way to treat/help him?

Thanks for the reply, I’m thinking that too at the minute as I’ve recently changed the lamp from 75w to 100w as the temps were a little cold but on reflection I should probably have moved the bulb closer. Assuming it is burns what’s the best way to treat/help him?

Someone else can help with the burns, but I suggest putting that 100 w on a digital thermometer. That way you can control the temps.

I use a 100w CHE on a thermometer

Flamazine has been used for years for burn victims....and to treat many fungal, bacterial issues with animals too. You might need a prescription for it. I'm not sure if silvadene is the same exact thing or not.

Im guessing it was not the wattage, but the beam angle, you might have switch from a wide flood to a narrow flood for example.

Thanks for the advise so far. Looking for the best option for a cream/ointment and struggling to find anything that ships to the UK suitable for pets. Any specifics would be great

Thanks for the advise so far. Looking for the best option for a cream/ointment and struggling to find anything that ships to the UK suitable for pets. Any specifics would be great
You may be able to get silver sulfadiazine cream over the counter. European pharmacies are a bit more liberal than in the US.

Back
Top Bottom