Super simple outdoor misting system

AJA

Established Member
For those of us who are mechanically challenged, I came across a very, simple idea to provide an outdoor misting system for your chameleons. It is probably old news for the vets of the forum, but I still thought it was great!

I went to a small hardware store (McClendon's) and found this "Nozzle Mist Stick" for $10.00 This stands about 3 feet tall.

outside misting system 006.jpg

outside misting system 002.jpg

Then I picked up a Raintrip Water Timer. What I really liked about this timer is that I can set it up to go off at regular intervals thoughtout the day instead of only once. There is a cover that screws on over the controls to protect the AAA batteries from the water. This was about $26.00 but it was more versatile than the more expensive timers.
outside misting system 003.jpg

It puts out a pretty good mist.
outside misting system 001.jpg

The direction of the wind comes usually from the west so it will carry the mist on down the line of cages.
outside misting system 007.jpg

MOre photos of the misting system at work.

outside misting system 005.jpg

outside misting system 004.jpg

I know, I know, simple things for simple minds but I thought it was a very simple system for someone "simple" to execute. :rolleyes:

That's great, Amy! I have thought about doing something like this but just haven't gotten it done, yet.

$10 for that thing?? They sell those here for like $45!!:eek: (this is why I was taking my sweet ole' time getting it!!)

I had to edit my post....:eek: It was $10 for the nozzle but $26 for the timer.

Back
Top Bottom