Super shy veiled

Duma

image.jpeg
Anybody else only get pics of their veiled like this? :rolleyes:

I don't have a veiled cham, but I would suggest trying to hand feed him/her first. Once she/he realizes your hands aren't trying to harm him/her, you can try sliding your hand under him/her from the front. Never try to pick your cham up from behind; they'll think you're a predator. Just try sitting by the cage every day for a little bit so your chameleon can warm up to you. Good luck :D

I've had mine for about 7 weeks now, and he still hides a little when I enter the room if he's on the top branch under the basking lamp. But for some reason when he's on the leaves in the front of the cage, he doesn't hide at all when he sees me, and that's even closer. He still won't let me hand feed him, so sometimes i'll put a silkworm or cricket on a branch right next to him and he'll eat it right away, just won't take it out of my hand.

The cage is in my living room next to my couch, so he's around me a lot. Not as shy as he used to be, but still shy.

Ok I will be more patient then. I've only had mine two weeks! Patience has never been my strong area haha!

Mine does the same, I've had him for a month and a half and still shy. He runs away and hides when i offer him a treat.

Attachments

• 20160325_124434.jpg
    20160325_124434.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 114
@Paulycham hahaha your pic made me laugh out loud! We should start an "eye ball" thread! Makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one! I get jealous seeing everyone get awesome pics of their chams! All we get is a glaring eye! o_O

I'm dying right now at my kitchen table and my mother is staring at me like "Really, chameleons can't be that funny." And now I'm laughing even harder.

Oh yes, this is so common! Aww little guy, just wait...you'll get your big boy hormones before too much longer. Then you can terrify those intruders instead of hide from them!!
My veiled has his big boy hormones and squares up to me every time I open his cage. I am nervous for when he is full grown and his bites break the skin.

@clumsyjellyfish i hope mine turns out to be a little friendlier but that was a good video to watch. Plus the Cham was beautiful. Thank you for sharing that I've never seen that before.

Back
Top Bottom