My chameleon isn’t shy

Bubbaty

Ok. I just got my 4 month old veiled chameleon. As you know they are supposed to be very shy. Mine, she is the exact opposite. She loves to be tong fed, even when I got her, she always loves when I get her out and play with her, she is not shy at all, and she is all around a very behaved chameleon. I just wanted to know why that is 🥰

Hi and welcome. :) I need to caution you against tong feeding. Many chameleons have had permanent damage or even lost their tongue from that. They are much quicker to grab than we are to release. I suggest using a feeding station or cup.
Ok thanks for the advice!

Sometimes they can be more accepting when they are younger. Veileds tend to grow into their attitude. Once they hit maturity they can change personality quite a bit. But also an over friendly cham can mean there is something off in their environment. If the cham is eager to come out the cage may not have what they need and they are trying to leave it.

Might post a pic of your entire enclosure lights down so we can see if anything stands out.

Sometimes they can be more accepting when they are younger. Veileds tend to grow into their attitude. Once they hit maturity they can change personality quite a bit. But also an over friendly cham can mean there is something off in their environment. If the cham is eager to come out the cage may not have what they need and they are trying to leave it.

Might post a pic of your entire enclosure lights down so we can see if anything stands out.
Yeah sure. What do you mean by lights down?

Back
Top Bottom