Suggestions for feeding in a x-large zoo-med

pmdaggett79

So it has been day 2 with my baby veiled in her new home. I am satisfied with everything except 1 thing. I fed her crickets and I'm not sure if she ate all of them. I really didn't pay attention after I put 6-7 small crickets for her. I saw her eat 1 but I fed her from my hand 5 meal worms. Today I fed her straight from the cricket encloser and she ate 7 crickets. I am not sure if there is a good way to feed her in this large cage which is 48" X 24" X 24". Any ideas would be great. I uploaded the new pictures of her encloser last night in the encloser picture thread if you would like to see what it looks like.

Hi there,

I haven't seen the picture of the enclosure, but in my opinion for a baby cham that big enclosure is too big. How old is she?
I use feeding cup in enclosure.I placed it a bit higher then the middle. It worked out for both my chams.

Since you have such a large incloser for your little Cham I would suggest you put extra feeders in there. Or get a smaller cage. I prefer small cages for my younger chams. It's much easier for them to find there food.

One of the members sells feeders in the feeder section. They attach by strong magnets and are excellent. I highly recommend them.

You could place a bowl someplace where your chameleon hangs out that the feeders can't escape. This will contain them allowing you to know that it's eating and the feeders aren't getting away.

Back
Top Bottom