Suggestion on an Idea.

HecticZ

Let me know what you guys think about this.

I am planning on getting a bigger cage for my Vieled in a couple of Months, he is only 4 months right now. But it doesn't hurt to plan ahead.

Ok here is my plan.

Buy another cage from LLL Reptile 2x2x4 one. And combine it with the current cage I have now. I will just eliminate a side from the left on one cage and a side from the right of the other cage. So basically put them next to each other and eliminate the sides. yes I would Reinforce the sides, and maybe make the doors open Suicide.

What do you guys think? so the cage will basically be 4x2x4.

Plenty of space for him to move around and organize the plants.

why do you have such a larger cage for a young cham?

sure a 4x2x4 would be great as an adult... but 4 months is kinda young for a 2x2x4.

I thought you were talking about an 18x18x36 as his current cage... this would be a bit more appropriate.

why do you have such a larger cage for a young cham?

sure a 4x2x4 would be great as an adult... but 4 months is kinda young for a 2x2x4.

I thought you were talking about an 18x18x36 as his current cage... this would be a bit more appropriate.

I like to give my animals the space that they need. In the wild they would be able to move around from one tree to another, no matter the age.

He has been in this cage (24x24x48) for about a Month now, and he has been doing fine. He has been hunting down his crickets also, because he does not like cup feeding.

I guess I just like to give my animals their space. I have a 120g fish tank with only 5 small fish inside. So its just fair that my Cham gets a Master suite also.

The point of a smaller cage to start, with a smaller chameleon, is that you can keep a closer eye on them. It is easier to figure out how much they are eating, how much or often they poop and if the poop looks healthy. Plus it is less to clean, since younger chams poop a lot more than adults.

Giving your cham a nice large space, once mature is a great idea. At a young age it is just general practice to give a smaller cage to keep a better eye on things.

The point of a smaller cage to start, with a smaller chameleon, is that you can keep a closer eye on them. It is easier to figure out how much they are eating, how much or often they poop and if the poop looks healthy. Plus it is less to clean, since younger chams poop a lot more than adults.

Giving your cham a nice large space, once mature is a great idea. At a young age it is just general practice to give a smaller cage to keep a better eye on things.

I understand where you are coming from. That is why I keep a log sheet on how much he eats and what it's dusted with daily. Same goes with poop and urate.

I also noticed that he just shed and his last shed was 27 days ago.

I find keeping a log helps to resolve a problem or figure out why something is out of wack.

Back
Top Bottom