Stubborn Shed on Foot

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
Amy had her last shed a few weeks ago and this time she only shed her feet. The problem is one foot still has the 'sole' part stuck in the crease. I have tried bathing it in warm water, and extra misting, but it won't come off. It kind of 'rolls up' and she's walking around on it like this. I am worried that it will make the crease/sole of her foot sore if it stays on too long. Any idea how I can help get it off and is it likely to cause a problem for her? Humidity peaks at 70% and is usually around 50% ambient.

Keep trying the batton(sp?) method she might just get used to is and let you and if that doesn't work it should come off next shed.

The layer of skin that peals off from shedding is so thin that I doubt it could cause any harm. If anything, the more she walks on it, the quicker the dead skin will fall off.

As long as it's not preventing her from grabbing vines and stuff I don't think it will cause her a problem. You might try putting something of a different diameter and surface texture in for her to climb on. Maybe add a new vine or climbing stick that's different. Maybe if she needs to stretch her foot more, or grab tighter, or it's a rougher texture it will help work the skin off.

Back
Top Bottom