Strange Drinking Behavior

Wait, so put it back on the screen or drop the branches down?
Ok so your going to drop it down on the cage frame. This will give you a range of 6-10 inches... So the UVI level will sit probably more like a 5 down to a 2 level. The cham will sit where he prefers to get the UVB levels he needs. So no need to worry. And the exposure will still be within safe levels.

This even sitting on the screen it will be within limits with the 5.0 or 6% bulb.

What distance would be unsafe?
anything closer then 4-5 inches and your going to be above a 6 uvi level. This starts getting into unsafe exposure levels.
If your worried then adjust all your branches so they are 9 inches below and no closer with the fixture on the screen. Or if you leave it up on that cup 3 inches high... Then highest branches would all need to be 6 inches below.

He hasn't really grown much. I've been weighing him but he hasn't made much progress.
So at his age he should not be growing much at all. At a year and a half he is basically full grown. What is his weight now? It should be staying stable with a few grams gain to a few lost.

Is he eating better? Did you get a fecal done?

He fluctuates a but he weighs 102 grams as of today. He was eating much better for a long time but has been more finicky lately. He's reached 106 at one point. I haven't done a vet fecal but I did my own the other day and didn't see much.

He fluctuates a but he weighs 102 grams as of today. He was eating much better for a long time but has been more finicky lately. He's reached 106 at one point. I haven't done a vet fecal but I did my own the other day and didn't see much.
Well as long as your microscope can magnify to the degree it needs to and you know what to look for then that is good.

But depending on his total length that may be a perfectly fine weight.

Probably a stupid question but would there be a bmi for a cham / any animal ? I just judge my dogs on the appreance of their body frame

He's 5 inches from head to the base/start of the tail or do I measure the tail as well?
Wait he is only 5 inches total from tip of nose to his vent? That would make him maybe 10 inches total. That is small for an adult male.

Granted if that is his actual length then his weight would be size appropriate but I am more concerned about the parasite potential now. Certain parasites can actually cause them to not reach their full size potential and lower appetite. I highly recommend getting a fecal done professionally and make sure there is not a parasite issue.

Back
Top Bottom