Still getting UVB?

Anilr16

If my chameleon is outside but under shade...is it still getting uvb? I think its called indirect sunlight. Does it have to be touching sun to get it? its a montane species so thatsz why im wondering. Sometimes I like to take him out to mist but not when its too hot, so yeah jw.

Yes, they get more UV outside in the shade then they get inside under the UVB light. I checked it with the UVB meter.

Beeze are you foreal? So if I placed my guy's cage outside near sunlight but under shade, he'll be getting good UVB? Im assuming this is how Orchids grow, correct?

The temp here started to cool down a little so i Started putting my Rudis outside during the day. I think he is more active when he gets outside. He also turns almost completely black. I believe he turns black to bask and absorb the UVB, if I'm wrong somebody please correct me.

My Rudis's would do that too Scott.
I believe its getting too hot for them, cause mine would start to open its mouth ventilating. So im still confused as well.

Chameleons become darker to absorb more heat from their basking light, sun or heat lamp. An open mouth while basking usually means to much too hot for them. Orlando is too hot for most Trioceros species. ;)

Luis

Back
Top Bottom