Did my plants get a uvb burn?

lurker9090

So from my chams back the uvb (t5 Arcadia 6%) is 7 inches away. So im assuming from the plants it's around 5inches. Don't they look burnt to you? Like especially some of the black tips!) all other plants in the enclosure are thriving. Including the bottom of this one, but it seems only the top of this one is almost burnt looking? I think plants turn yellow from over watering but this plant has only been misted twice a day since getting it (around 3 weeks), and hasn't been actually "watered".

Im fine replacing plant but I am a little concerned that if it could burn the plant, could it burn my baby? (he doesn't screen scrawl, I have camera)
tempImagePYNxKe.jpg

ft my handsome boy :) god I love him

I’m not super familiar with plants but I believe that if leaves are produced under lower light and then are introduced suddenly to high light it can burn them. Maybe consider moving it down a touch or putting a plant there that does well with high light. It could also be dry from under watering it. 7 inches away should be safe for your baby. Love his photo bomb btw. ❤️❤️❤️

I had my plant near my basking light, and it started to do the same thing. (Doesn't help my chameleon eats his plants) I ended up moving my basking light a few inches further away and they're doing great now.

Like @elizaann2 said, 7 inches is safe for him. BTW, he's beautiful :love:

Last edited:
So from my chams back the uvb (t5 Arcadia 6%) is 7 inches away. So im assuming from the plants it's around 5inches. Don't they look burnt to you? Like especially some of the black tips!) all other plants in the enclosure are thriving. Including the bottom of this one, but it seems only the top of this one is almost burnt looking? I think plants turn yellow from over watering but this plant has only been misted twice a day since getting it (around 3 weeks), and hasn't been actually "watered".

Im fine replacing plant but I am a little concerned that if it could burn the plant, could it burn my baby? (he doesn't screen scrawl, I have camera)
View attachment 343177
ft my handsome boy :) god I love him

That might be from the light, but I am looking at the soil and it looks really really dry. What I personally do, is even though my mister gets most of the plants... some of them don't quite get hit enough by it. So every couple of days I make sure I go in there with a hand spray and spray directly into the soil so that it never gets quite that dry. I am kinda guessing because idk what exactly that particular plant needs (some dont need much watering), but to me that looks like it needed water and now you need to remove all of the dead/yellow/brown leaves and most likely give it some water and see what happens.

Side note.... how about that photo bomb? :ROFLMAO:

1694225962228.png

Back
Top Bottom