ChamyLove

I am trying to find some sort of stand to put my chameleon cage on. Right now Oliver is just in a 18x18x36 inch cage, but I will be upgrading him to his big boy cage (24x24x48) in a few months. I'm having trouble finding anything that would be able to hold a cage, with a depth over 13".

So I guess what I'm hoping for is to see your guys' stands, where you got them, for how much?

Would it be fine if the cage hung over the edge a little?:confused:

Best thing to do is to go to all local Walmarts, Targets, K-Marts and Ikeas and find something you like and that will work. I'm currently doing the same :)...... good luck

Right now, I'm using a large microwave stand, but it's ugly and doesn't fit in the corner where his cage is very well, because of the rad heater right next to it. I went to a used construction materials store yesterday and saw some old bathroom vanities. I want one!

The attatchment is the stand i found on target.com (http://www.target.com/p/room-essent.../A-12444200#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=shelving) it is 30 H " x23" W x 13." D. My ideal stand would be 25" H x 30" w x 24" D, and under $30. I've been thinking about building a stand but i'm definatly not a handy man, and don't really know someone willing to help (that knows what they are doing). Do you think this stand would be fine? I'm going garage saling this saturday ( there is a city wide garage sale day a few minutes away from my home town), and so I'm hoping I can find something better. Otherwise, do any of you know where to find a simple diy stand instruction sheet I can follow?

Attachments

• CHAMELEON STAND].jpg
    CHAMELEON STAND].jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 229
Look for end tables at the garage sales. I used a square bed side table for my old screen cage that was 20" high and 18" square. It had an open shelf and a little drawer that were both pretty handy. The height was great, but I'm short, so I did need a step ladder to fill up the dripper.

The attatchment is the stand i found on target.com (http://www.target.com/p/room-essent.../A-12444200#prodSlot=medium_1_6&term=shelving) it is 30 H " x23" W x 13." D. My ideal stand would be 25" H x 30" w x 24" D, and under $30. I've been thinking about building a stand but i'm definatly not a handy man, and don't really know someone willing to help (that knows what they are doing). Do you think this stand would be fine? I'm going garage saling this saturday ( there is a city wide garage sale day a few minutes away from my home town), and so I'm hoping I can find something better. Otherwise, do any of you know where to find a simple diy stand instruction sheet I can follow?

I have one of these shelves for feeders and supplies. In my opinion, it's not sturdy enough to support a cage. The 13" depth is surprisingly narrow, and it doesn't sit perfectly level.

Look for end tables at the garage sales. I used a square bed side table for my old screen cage that was 20" high and 18" square. It had an open shelf and a little drawer that were both pretty handy. The height was great, but I'm short, so I did need a step ladder to fill up the dripper.
thanks! That was kind of what I was thinking too. End table as in like a sofa table? Because my grandma bought one of those at a garage sale for cheap, I thought it was a good idea but it was only 16" D. Would you say that is still too narrow? I would like a wider one, but sadly, not all furniture companies keep in mind that someone might want to put a chameleon cage on there. ;)

I'm just about 5'11", so I'm not too worried about height, Just high enough that he wont be too much lower than I stand, in his current cage (36"H). He used to be on my desk which is lower down, and when I moved him into another room (my room was having problems), he seemed alot happier being higher up. :)

Yeah, like a sofa table. Depending on how sturdy the base of your cage is, 16" square might work. 18-20" square are pretty standard for sizes. I searched high and low for a 24" square end table, and never did find anything I liked.

I was on lowes.com, and I found a 24" D self standing shelving unit, somewhat like the one I found from target, but the smallest size you could buy it in was 7 feet tall. I guess this would be good for someone with multiple cages, they could take it apart and make multiple stands. But I only have 1, and a $80 stand that I wont be using most of, wasn't the best deal.

I'll update soon on what I find.:)

Back
Top Bottom