Squee died, poor little guy

Psychobunny

Avid Member
I buried him this morning, 12F outside, and there I am in my yard, at 6:30am,
digging a hole with tears rolling down my checks and freezing.

He had been struggling with visceral gout for some time, and stopped responding to the medication.
He was so weak, he couldn't eat or even move. I had to pipette feed him.
He had even lost the ability to digest what I put in him.

He had a vet appointment Tuesday, and the vet suggested we euthanize him
then, there was nothing more he could do, even though he had consulted with
others, he thought this was the most humane course to take.

But, I guess Squee had other plans. Found him dead when I got home from
work yesterday.

Now I have a dark empty cage to stare at.

It was a long hard fight, and he was a real trooper, but we lost the battle.

Good bye my little friend :(

Stan,

I'm so sorry to read this. :( Squee had a tough road, but you did everything you could. Don't stare at the cage, it doesn't do any good. Focus on the rest of your clan. They will always make you smile. :)

Rest In Paradise little Squee.

Such sad new. My heart goes out to you. Just know that you gave him a good life and did all that you could possibly do for him right to the end. May he rest in peace. My condolences.

Poor little Squee. It's so hard when we do what we can but we still can't make it all better.

I'm so sorry. It's horrible when they leave us. I hope your good memories of Squee help to ease the pain of his passing. You gave him the best of everything, and never gave up on him. (((hugs)))

So sorry to read this. You tried to make it better for him and that's all you can do. RIP Squee

Thank you for the kind words everyone.
I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier :(

I have a new 3 month old panther to focus my attention on, plus my 3 other
guys who need me.

:(hes in our thoughts sorry for your loss im sure he was a great chameleon and was an important part of the family :(

Oh I am so so very sorry for your loss. Letting them go is the most loving thing we can do for them and at the same time the hardest! I know you did everything you could for him and I am sure he knew it too! I hope your other little ones give you some comfort. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet and the sadness is just as deep for any member of your family!

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Squee,,,, it's never easy when we lose a scaly or furry family member.... Just know that you did all that you could do and he passed peacefully at home...
They other little mouths will be looking for you!!!

I am sorry for your loss and am feeling your pain as we speak. I was just getting ready to do my memorial to my sweet boy Lenny who I had to put down a few days ago. I wished I did not have to make the decision, but he just kept hanging on and I knew the time was right. He had no quality of life left as far as I was concerned. It is never easy to lose a pet, and these chameleons sure have a way of winning our hearts over. My condolences to you and RIP in Squee.

I'm so sorry about the loss of Squee. :( You did everything you could for him and he was blessed to have such a good home and loving owner. Unfotunately gout is nasty business and usually doesn't have a happy ending. But you did all you could for him. I hope you can find some comfort in all your happy memories of Squee during this difficult time. May he rest in peace, no longer in pain.

I'm so sorry about the loss of Squee. :( You did everything you could for him and he was blessed to have such a good home and loving owner. Unfotunately gout is nasty business and usually doesn't have a happy ending. But you did all you could for him. I hope you can find some comfort in all your happy memories of Squee during this difficult time. May he rest in peace, no longer in pain.

Thank you, and everyone, you guys are the best, and are so supportive.

Ferret, one thing confuses me, after about 34 days of Allopurinol, I ran out and had to get it refilled. A few days with no treatment. One day, Squee
was climbing the walls wanting to come out. He was full of energy, and his color not only came back, but was brighter then ever!!
I let him out, and he had more energy then I have ever seen him!!

I had a false hope that he would be fine, but the follow up blood test show that
his uric acid was still way high. I got my Allopurinol refill, and continued with the treatment. He went downhill very fast.

I think this will haunt me forever, but I cant help feeling that I should have seen something, and that he would still be alive had I only been able to read the signs correctly.

Back
Top Bottom