Spine?

I handle her mabe every other day and not for long 30 mins tops I added 4 plants on the outside and a few more branches his cage is on the floor 8n my room and not a high traffic are also it is not near a vent or fan also by a window no I do not have live plants the tempature is normally around 70 to 80 degrees and colder at the bottom at night the uv light is on also it is a scream cage I have a little dripper that is always on for about 2-3 weeks I was feeding her large crickets coated with reptiles calcium without d3 and a few days ago switched to large superworms she is not still gaping and puffing out
Is the UVB light on only during the daytime?

I would try to raise the cage up off the floor if possible.

The basking temperature could be in the low 80's F.

I see no signs of dehydration or infection. Are you worried about infection along the spine?

Is the UVB light on only during the daytime?

I would try to raise the cage up off the floor if possible.

The basking temperature could be in the low 80's F.

I see no signs of dehydration or infection. Are you worried about infection along the spine?
The uv bulb is on 24 7 and the heat is 9nly on during the day she dosent seam dehydrated

Uvb 24/7? Yikes, stop that right away. Uvb should be on for 12 hours a day. Chams need absolute darkness to sleep. Check out brody’s Post on the third eye.

I don’t know where you read that they need uvb at night, but it’s wrong. All chameleons need complete darkness at night. Please allow your chameleon to get a full night’s sleep every night. Nowhere in the wild do chameleons get uvb are night.

Light on all night would cause the no eating issue you say your cham also has. Following the advice given here will help get you back on track with proper care

Back
Top Bottom