Spine?

Camo__

This is normal right and no I wont take him to a clinic btw I was wondering if he is dehydrated or has a infection

Attachments

• 20190913_151732.jpg
    20190913_151732.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 20190913_151737.jpg
    20190913_151737.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 181
I looked back at your past threads. Could you please answer the questions posed about your care? Is the chameleon still gaping? Have you upgraded your enclosure? Your previous post of the enclosures sparse and didnt appear to have any linear lighting. If you would like help please fill out this form which was posted on your other threads.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

It looks like a female and a gravid one at that. Can you post a photo of the heels please?.
If it is a female it needs a suitable place to dig to lay it's eggs. Veiled females lay (infertile) eggs without having been mated.

Last edited:
It looks like a female and a gravid one at tha. Can you post a photo of the heels please?.
If it is a female it needs a suitable place to dig to lay it's eggs. Veiled females lay (infertile) eggs without having been mated.
Looking back at OP’s previous pics of this cham, it is a female.
@Camo__ if you would kindly fill out the help form, the forum members will be able to review your husbandry and make sure all is correct, which will minimize need for veterinary care in the future. It will also help get your girl happy and healthy.
If nothing else, you need to set up a lay bin for your girl ASAP. Even if not exposed to a male, she will lay infertile eggs. If she doesn’t have a lay bin to do this, she could become egg-bound which is a life threatening emergency and requires veterinary care.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

Yeah, that’s a female, and she looks gravid. Pics of her back feet would be helpful, but I’d think about reading up on laying bins and introducing one soon.

"Im wondering if 'he' has an infection I can ignore."

Like, why ask if you wont take her to a clinic??

Could you give us an idea of why you’re not allowed to go to the vet? No need for specifics, but I don’t think many here understand what you mean by ‘not allowed’.

I looked back at your past threads. Could you please answer the questions posed about your care? Is the chameleon still gaping? Have you upgraded your enclosure? Your previous post of the enclosures sparse and didnt appear to have any linear lighting. If you would like help please fill out this form which was posted on your other threads.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
I handle her mabe every other day and not for long 30 mins tops I added 4 plants on the outside and a few more branches his cage is on the floor 8n my room and not a high traffic are also it is not near a vent or fan also by a window no I do not have live plants the tempature is normally around 70 to 80 degrees and colder at the bottom at night the uv light is on also it is a scream cage I have a little dripper that is always on for about 2-3 weeks I was feeding her large crickets coated with reptiles calcium without d3 and a few days ago switched to large superworms she is not still gaping and puffing out

Yeah, that’s a female, and she looks gravid. Pics of her back feet would be helpful, but I’d think about reading up on laying bins and introducing one soon.
I and getting non chemical soil soon within a week

Attachments

• 20190916_154703.jpg
    20190916_154703.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20190916_154711.jpg
    20190916_154711.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 20190916_154731.jpg
    20190916_154731.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 148
I handle her mabe every other day and not for long 30 mins tops I added 4 plants on the outside and a few more branches his cage is on the floor 8n my room and not a high traffic are also it is not near a vent or fan also by a window no I do not have live plants the tempature is normally around 70 to 80 degrees and colder at the bottom at night the uv light is on also it is a scream cage I have a little dripper that is always on for about 2-3 weeks I was feeding her large crickets coated with reptiles calcium without d3 and a few days ago switched to large superworms she is not still gaping and puffing out
Find her a home with someone that can take care of her. If you can not provide the right info about her or a Veterinarian then you should not keep her. You have a Female NOT a male. She will eventually die due to improper care and more then likely sooner then later. And that is not filling out the form.. Your asking for details and we need details to help. We can not help with pieces of information.

That is all I will say because frankly I think it is really inappropriate to post for help but then post in the same sentence that you will not get her vet care. That is not respecting the life of this animal. Regardless of your age. You should know that an animal can not help itself, that is our job when we take it on.

Camo_,

Here’s the bare essentials for a veiled:

Cage: 2x2x4 tall, screened unless there’s a real problem with keeping up humidity. Lots of horizontal branches at different heights. At least one main basking branch where the temp is around 85.

Lighting: A single t5, high output uvb bulb that runs the entire width of the cage. Percentage of uvb is ideally 10+. A single basking bulb, which can be a regular 60 watt incandescent bulb. Set it up so your Cham can bask under the heat bulb at a temp around 85 degrees. This will in turn expose your Cham to the linear uvb bulb. Both lights should run 12 hours/day

Food: This can get complicated, but as you have a veiled, and are just learning, just follow this: Use crickets (I assume roaches will not be allowed) as your everyday feeder. Feed the crickets repashy ‘bug burger’ or ‘superload’. Dust the crickets with ‘repashy calcium plus loD ‘ every feeding. When you can, offer other food items such as: hornworms, silkworms, black soldier fly larva, and—only very occasionally—superworms.

Water: veileds do best with a mister system, but the combination of a dripper plus hand misting several times/day will suffice.

Handling: no need to handle your veiled unless you need to.

She needs a lay bin yesterday. Go buy soil from the store. If you are interested in keeping her healthy my offer to PM still stands. If you can't fill out the forum and acknowledge she is a female I am honestly not sure how we could help you.

Back
Top Bottom