Spike-e-poo

MarieMc44

My handsome lil fella bunkering down for the night

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 372
He's 5 months old minus a month...

So... I had it all wrong... My Spike is only 4 months old!! He's already showing soo much color, I CANNOT WAIT to see his transformation into the metaphorical butterfly {or something else cuz then he's just a cannibal}

happy grubbin'

Attachments

• Spike_5.27.15.jpg
    Spike_5.27.15.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 343
Here's my cute 4 month old Ambilobe chillin' on his Pothos outside

Look at that face!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 296
Hey Mariemc44,
Ambilobes are awesome, every shed will bring new colors. Spike looks like he is in good hands. I especially like their resting colors, good luck.
Dave.

Thanks, Dave!! I've had Spike for one (1) month now and I'm learning something new everyday.

Last edited:
You're such a lil' basker!!

Tanning bed (that's the spot where he sleeps:: baddum bum))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 276
Those are some remarkable colors coming in! I love all your pictures keep them coming!

Those are some remarkable colors coming in! I love all your pictures keep them coming!

Thanks, Scout!! Spike's awesome!! This is his 2nd shed with me and it's really like roulette, you never know what color you're gonna get!! I think the anticipation is what makes owning these guys so much fun!!

Spikie-O

Apparently, he doesn't trust me yet. That's ok though... We have an entire lifetime. I'll grow on him eventually.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 254
Apparently, he doesn't trust me yet. That's ok though... We have an entire lifetime. I'll grow on him eventually.

Has your little guy always been comfortable around your hand, or did you have to work him up to it? I've had my little dude less than a week, so it's early, and I haven't really tried to handle him yet, but he seems a little skittish around me, rotating sideways on his branch and such whenever I get close. I'm working on getting him hand feeding and such.

411 on the Spikester

Has your little guy always been comfortable around your hand, or did you have to work him up to it? I've had my little dude less than a week, so it's early, and I haven't really tried to handle him yet, but he seems a little skittish around me, rotating sideways on his branch and such whenever I get close. I'm working on getting him hand feeding and such.

Spike has always been a mellow Chamie. He will eat out of my hand and if I offer my hand to him, he'll mount it with a little coaxing. He hasn't hissed or flared up at me yet but he's still young lol. He doesn't flinch or move when I disturb him or handle him because he's learning positive reinforcement (he knows Hes getting a treat or I'm taking him outside for some sun). How old is your little dude?

Spike has always been a mellow Chamie. He will eat out of my hand and if I offer my hand to him, he'll mount it with a little coaxing. He hasn't hissed or flared up at me yet but he's still young lol. He doesn't flinch or move when I disturb him or handle him because he's learning positive reinforcement (he knows Hes getting a treat or I'm taking him outside for some sun). How old is your little dude?

My little guy is 4 months old, and I got him just last tuesday from Sunshine Chameleons. I haven't seen him gape or hiss since I opened the bag he came in and he was frightened(which is understandable), but he's still shy around me. He'll rotate on his branch and brighten a bit, but he doesn't get aggressive. I've been trying to offer the first cricket of the day by hand, but he hasn't taken any yet.

My little guy is 4 months old, and I got him just last tuesday from Sunshine Chameleons. I haven't seen him gape or hiss since I opened the bag he came in and he was frightened(which is understandable), but he's still shy around me. He'll rotate on his branch and brighten a bit, but he doesn't get aggressive. I've been trying to offer the first cricket of the day by hand, but he hasn't taken any yet.

Good stuff!! I got to see some photos of him and he's a stunner already!! Did you ever try offering him a worm instead? Something you know he gets excited to eat? I'll hand feed Spike a wax worm or super worm for the first morsel of the day and then give him his daily staple of crickets-in-a-cup.

Back
Top Bottom