Spike-e-poo

Good stuff!! I got to see some photos of him and he's a stunner already!! Did you ever try offering him a worm instead? Something you know he gets excited to eat? I'll hand feed Spike a wax worm or super worm for the first morsel of the day and then give him his daily staple of crickets-in-a-cup.

I haven't done a worm yet. It's all been crickets so far, but I'm gonna get some waxworms today and try that out. I have a good feeling the little guy will warm up to me eventually once he knows I'm the giver of food hehe :p

I haven't done a worm yet. It's all been crickets so far, but I'm gonna get some waxworms today and try that out. I have a good feeling the little guy will warm up to me eventually once he knows I'm the giver of food hehe :p

Absolutely!! These guys are no dummies!! Spike's reaction to the hubby is completely different from his reaction to me solely due to the fact that Spike knows I'm the bearer of good eats and the gateway to organic sun. Well good luck and keep in contact! It's nice to be able to converse with someone who also has a youngin'. Is this your first Chamie? It's kind of funny because in the real world, no one even knows what these beautiful creatures are... or maybe it's the people I keep :/

Absolutely!! These guys are no dummies!! Spike's reaction to the hubby is completely different from his reaction to me solely due to the fact that Spike knows I'm the bearer of good eats and the gateway to organic sun. Well good luck and keep in contact! It's nice to be able to converse with someone who also has a youngin'. Is this your first Chamie? It's kind of funny because in the real world, no one even knows what these beautiful creatures are... or maybe it's the people I keep :/

Thanks for the advice. Jasper is my first Chameleon. Originally, I was researching a saltwater reef tank for some time, but then I held a chameleon in a pet shop and everything changed. Chams are definitely tougher than some other lizards, and that's why I researched for over a year and made sure I was in a stable living situation before getting one. That being said, the amount of maintenance and water involved in a reef tank makes caring for a chameleon seem like a walk in the park, at least to me.

I'll definitely be in touch and on here more often, hopefully posting some more cool pics and gifs of the master hunter snatching his food.

Nighty-Night

Got his PJs on

Attachments

• Spike05_4 mos.jpg
    Spike05_4 mos.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 210
Mon Petit Prince (4 months old)

Now you're just showing off, Spike!!

Attachments

• Spike07_4 mos.jpg
    Spike07_4 mos.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 188
Good Morning, Sunshine!!

Taking his morning stroll around the bachelor pad

Attachments

• Spike10_4 mos.jpg
    Spike10_4 mos.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 194
Silly Pan Cham!!

So this just happened... Got stuck but then gave me a smile letting me know he's ok (not really but I'd like to think so)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 175
Dude looks like lady!!!

Mayhaps it's the lighting, but Spike's sporting some serious female colors in this pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 173
Sweet dreams, young Prince

He's legit sleeping at a 45 degree angle downwards. Whatever works, right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 176
So chill, just like me :)

This guy is so mellow (in a good way). He already crawls on my hand when I open his doors and never flares up (except for the time we gave him his first mealworm).

about to start his third shed with me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 162
The colors the colors!!!!

3rd shed with me and suddenly an explosion of colors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 173
Insanity

Sorry, I just can't help it!! I'm just so excited. My newbie colors are coming out, but you've all been there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 222
How Stinking Cute Are You??!

I almost died when I saw this whatever works, right?? Off to the land of dreams. Zzzzzzz.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 181
Back
Top Bottom