South American Chameleons?

Is there any point to you resurfacing these old threads or are you just trolling?
8 years ago chameleons weren't as wide spread in North America's florida and there most definitely wasn't breeding populations of Jackson's and Parsons in southern California. I found it to be an interesting topic and as of today I didn't check the dates on the threads I only add to them the best I can in an attempt to preserve or pass on any and all information I can in hopes of contributing to the cause of saving even one of the 30+ Chameleon species on the verge of extinction in their natural habitats. As to your accusation of me being a Troll every Since I've been a member here I've noticed several pretentious almost snob like individuals that make up a group of seemingly irritated Chameleon enthusiasts. Just earlier I read a new thread as of today 3:30ish some young girl practically begging for help in regards to her mid day napping chameleon, several of our senior members were showing their frustration's with her and her inability to copy and paste.. They refused to help the young lady unless she filled out the form.. that being said I agree that the form is a awesome tool and I completely understand the frustration with new keepers and the child like mistakes that they make.. that we made...however I can not refuse to help a new enthusiast keep alive a dying chameleon based soley on the incompetence of the keeper. Perhaps I have been trolled into this incredibly long winded response so here it is.. be nice and help these people help their chams for the love of chams be patient and if you don't have anything helpful, useful, or nice to say then maybe just don't say anything at all

8 years ago chameleons weren't as wide spread in North America's florida and there most definitely wasn't breeding populations of Jackson's and Parsons in southern California. I found it to be an interesting topic and as of today I didn't check the dates on the threads I only add to them the best I can in an attempt to preserve or pass on any and all information I can in hopes of contributing to the cause of saving even one of the 30+ Chameleon species on the verge of extinction in their natural habitats. As to your accusation of me being a Troll every Since I've been a member here I've noticed several pretentious almost snob like individuals that make up a group of seemingly irritated Chameleon enthusiasts. Just earlier I read a new thread as of today 3:30ish some young girl practically begging for help in regards to her mid day napping chameleon, several of our senior members were showing their frustration's with her and her inability to copy and paste.. They refused to help the young lady unless she filled out the form.. that being said I agree that the form is a awesome tool and I completely understand the frustration with new keepers and the child like mistakes that they make.. that we made...however I can not refuse to help a new enthusiast keep alive a dying chameleon based soley on the incompetence of the keeper. Perhaps I have been trolled into this incredibly long winded response so here it is.. be nice and help these people help their chams for the love of chams be patient and if you don't have anything helpful, useful, or nice to say then maybe just don't say anything at all
So you're helping people by resurfacing a thread from 8yrs ago asking a question about if chameleons are found in South America? Funny I didn't see you helping in that thread... And the person who posted it needs to help us help her and her chameleon. How can we help someone giving vague descriptions, incomplete information, and little to no pictures? I'm not trying to be rude. I'm trying to be realistic and also understand why it is your doing what your doing. Believe it or not we have trolls that post on these forums. Mostly children.

So you're helping people by resurfacing a thread from 8yrs ago asking a question about if chameleons are found in South America? Funny I didn't see you helping in that thread... And the person who posted it needs to help us help her and her chameleon. How can we help someone giving vague descriptions, incomplete information, and little to no pictures? I'm not trying to be rude. I'm trying to be realistic and also understand why it is your doing what your doing. Believe it or not we have trolls that post on these forums. Mostly children.
I've addressed all of your above inquiries in my last post. Apologies for mistaking your intended voice of concern and reason for that of one with a less pleasant tone and I appreciate your retraction, Thank you.

This thread is almost 8 years old.....uugghhh!!!
Honest question. What is so bad about resurfacing an old thread? I often see people on here complaining when an old thread is commented on and i dont understand it. Is it fear of clogging up the forums and help not being readily available to those who need it ? In which case i could somewhat understand. Im most likely the least tech savy or computer savy person on these entire forums and i have zero issue scanning over threads and navigating through forums old and new. I often find my self using the search bar for specific subjects most of which havnt been discussed on here in years, god forbid i comment on one of them and cause an uproar with all the newer members. There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums old and new, im well aware you have to be proactive in the ever changing evolution of the chameleon hobby. That being said there is tons of "old" valuable information on here posted by members back in the day who no longer post.

Honest question. What is so bad about resurfacing an old thread? I often see people on here complaining when an old thread is commented on and i dont understand it. Is it fear of clogging up the forums and help not being readily available to those who need it ? In which case i could somewhat understand. Im most likely the least tech savy or computer savy person on these entire forums and i have zero issue scanning over threads and navigating through forums old and new. I often find my self using the search bar for specific subjects most of which havnt been discussed on here in years, god forbid i comment on one of them and cause an uproar with all the newer members. There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums old and new, im well aware you have to be proactive in the ever changing evolution of the chameleon hobby. That being said there is tons of "old" valuable information on here posted by members back in the day who no longer post.
It's not an uproar. I'm simply stating the facts. Members from 8-9yrs ago that were on this thread would get the notification and most of those people aren't around anymore. Not to mention so much has changed in captive keeping from almost a decade ago so you're resurfacing bad information or misinformation. I'm simply pointing out that making a new thread would get you more responses. It's simple truth here on the forums. Not trying to be a Hemipenis just trying to get you better help.

I usually try to alert anyone who accidentally opens an old post to the fact that they are unlikely to get a reply from the people on an old thread. That said new members in their first 24 hours can not create a post of their own and may have to resort to jumping on an old one for an urgent answer. It does no serious harm but may not get them the help they seek.
"Old world chameleons" are the chameleons for which this forum was created. "New world chameleons" aren't really chameleons at all but are really anoles. FYI so no South American Chams.:(

I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not an uproar. I'm simply stating the facts. Members from 8-9yrs ago that were on this thread would get the notification and most of those people aren't around anymore. Not to mention so much has changed in captive keeping from almost a decade ago so you're resurfacing bad information or misinformation. I'm simply pointing out that making a new thread would get you more responses. It's simple truth here on the forums. Not trying to be a Hemipenis just trying to get you better help.
Kinda has a Mean Girl vibe about it all lol. I may change my avatar to Lindsay Lohan or even better lizzy lohan..

Back
Top Bottom