Sonny didn't poop today

Jon S

He's been eating just fine and is well hydrated. I just didn't notice him poop today and because he's my first cham I kind of tend to freak out a bit. He's been pretty regular at doing it everyday (its possible he has missed a day here and there). He is about 5 months and eating 10-15 1/2" crickets per day. He is growing very quickly and none of the feeders have been larger than the space between his eyes on his head. He crunches all the crickets down and he hasn't shown any real signs of stress. He was pretty active climbing around the cage today.

Is this something I should worry about?

They poop less frequently as they age and as their appetite (or at least food intake) and growth rate decreases. Every other day will become norm, then every third or fourth, or fifth, as an adult it might be over a week. Each animal is a little different.

ah! i was worried about this too!!! Jude is a very regular dude...............and i havent seen him poop in a few days now...........prob about 4.............there really is no reason to worry????? .....................

ah! i was worried about this too!!! Jude is a very regular dude...............and i havent seen him poop in a few days now...........prob about 4.............there really is no reason to worry????? .....................

No, there isn't, it really takes them long to produce something.
But if you wanna be sure, fill this and we will check out how you care of your chammy and comment on it: https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Back
Top Bottom