Something hanging from backebd

lonomac

anyone know what this is? Noticed it when giving my cham a shower today. Its not fecal hanging. Sorry I couldn't get a clearer pic.

P1010063.jpg

P1010064-1.jpg

Well, without a clearer photo it is really hard to tell. It is completely normal for there to be a strip of smegma (sperm plug) hanging out of a male's vent occasionally. You want them to shed this, and normally it comes out with a poo and the cham wipes it off onto a branch. Sometimes it gets hung up there, though. Smegma colors run from creamy white to light brown. So, it could be that. The only other alternative I know of would be an adult parasite of some kind.

Howdy,

Coincidently, I carefully pulled a hemipene plug from my Veiled just today! I could see that there was something keeping his vent slightly open on one side. I was able to catch a tiny edge of it and while gently pulling, it slowly came out. It was only about 3/4"-1" long. Whether he needed my help or not, it looked uncomfortable :eek:. I didn't see another one from the other side ready to come out and I hope there isn't one there still hidden :(.

The darkest end was what was slightly visible at the vent.

Photo taken on white tissue (4hr dried-out):
VeiledHemipenePlug-1.jpg

Photo taken on blue paper (and plug turned over and about 1/2hr more dried-out):
VeiledHemipenePlug-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom