Baby Jackson's Redish Skin

My_Chameleon

Hello,

I recently started caring for a male baby Jackson's Chameleon (3-4 months old). We have the whole setup; a fogger, basking area, heating bulb, live plants, a dripper system, etc. Our chameleon has adjusted really well to his new environment and I haven't noticed any weird behavior. He's actually approached me before and climbed on my hand. However, I noticed that he has a reddish color undertone. I am not sure if it's irritation to something or something else. Like I said, he looks like he's doing great but I know that this specific kind of Chameleon can be very subtle and I wanted to ask if anyone knew of this kind of undertone in their baby Jackson's. I attached a photo of my Chameleon below, it's a little more red in person but let me know what you think! Thanks :)

Attachments

• Chameleon Pic.jpg
    Chameleon Pic.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Cute little boy. Red phase occurs occasionally in some juveniles more often females than males. It isn’t a problem but a random color variation that he will outgrow. He will turn to the typical coloring in a few months sometimes longer if you are lucky.

Cute little boy. Red phase occurs occasionally in some juveniles more often females than males. It isn’t a problem but a random color variation that he will outgrow. He will turn to the typical coloring in a few months sometimes longer if you are lucky.
Thank you for the reply! That's a relief to hear, I wanted to make sure that his skin wasn't being irritated by an unknown thing! Thanks again for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom