some help please

growing zoo

kevin is a male veiled who is approx 5-6 months old. I have had him for 3 months and have filled out a previous care sheet.
My worry is that for about a week he has been off his food maybe only eating 1-4 morio worms or fruit grubs, completely ignoring his locusts and crickets but goes completely crazy over kale and spring greens. His colours are good but darker (darker green, darker yellow and darker bluey bits) not typical stressed colours. He looks dry and has some wrinkles at times, he is due to shed any minute i think. His poo is normal (large white with large formed dark). He is roaming his cage alot almost like he wants out, he comes out daily as he is very friendly.
Is this related to shedding ? growing up ? is he ill ? should i be worried ?

i think some chameleons stop eating before a shed, but at least hes eating a little bit so hes not exactly starving. I wouldnt worry too much about it but ill let a more experienced help you out more keep us updated though :)

He may be hitting his 'teenage' stage. They can go through food fads just like kids - it's good that he eats his greens - mine won't touch anything if it doesn't move, lol! Amy used to eat her schefflera when she was tiny but she grew out of it!

thank you, cant help be worry and have done since i got him as they seem so fragile

Yeah i agree, when i first got my cham he was 2 months and oh man did i watch him like a hawk haha. But hes 3 months now so ive gotten into the swing of things and dont worry as much anymore

ok so kevin did not eat at all today and looks pretty fed up, he is moving round his cage well but he is not his usual self. i am convinced he is due to shed but he never stopped eating before just slowed the eating down.
getting quite concerned now :(

Hey
Just a quick update, Kevin is still not eating infact in a week he has eaten 1 wax worm :( Dont know what to do???????
He is still drinking well, has shed and is very lively around his cage (he never really sits still) he is always at the door wanting to climb out and wont stop roaming the cage until I let him out.
His colours are good but even brighter when he is out.
it seems quite clearer that he does not like the cage and i am in the process of up sizing his cage.
I just want him to eat he looks so skinny :(

maybe he just wants out :p
maybe set up a free range for him so he can come out for a couple hours a day (but still keep an eye on him)
and as for food.... i think all chams will go on a food strike here and there... ruru went for a week or two without eating... also maybe try a different feeder they love variety and its good for them i.e. dubia roaches, hornworms, crickets etc. he might have gotten bored with what your feeding him if its constant.

Back
Top Bottom