Soil and more

I'm going to be buying a hibiscus what do I clean the plant with and change the soil to ?

And also building a new cage my husband wants to put the two sides in the back closed have a screen door I don't like the idea cuz airflow but is it OK to have the top and door only screens?

top and doors screens should be fine.

I just shower my pants for like 30mins b4 putting em in and put rocks on the soil. Just make sure the rocks are big enough that they cant be swallowed.

I'm going to be buying a hibiscus what do I clean the plant with and change the soil to ?

And also building a new cage my husband wants to put the two sides in the back closed have a screen door I don't like the idea cuz airflow but is it OK to have the top and door only screens?

Yes, that is actually a good idea considering you live in AZ. Altering the cage to hold humidity levels a bit is the right thing to do.

I clean all my plants with just soap and water and rinse thoroughly. Sometimes I forgo the soap and just provide a thorough rinse. As for the soil, you will want something that drains sufficiently. The issue with most hibiscus being used in this hobby is that they root rot very easily. This coupled with the fact that most don't provide enough light to let the plant thrive can cause you to lose the plant fairly quickly. I am guessing you have a veiled. So, all of this, plus the fact that he will graze on the plant. They love hibiscus, especially the flowers.

Back
Top Bottom