Ordering supplies for new cham

So I just ordered the miner-all calcium and vitamins there is going to be a little learning curve with the vitamins as you feed them to the feeders so that's interesting but I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Wish me luck haha 🤪😉

It is up to you in the end. But if it were me I would do the 48 inch fixture. You want to hook in your basking fixture and angle it towards the uvb branch. I use these and then drill holes into the mounting plate and screw them into the cage. https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Ho...ocphy=9030289&hvtargid=pla-503073396232&psc=1

Keep in mind with that quad it is a full 13 inches deep. So it will take up a ton of room on the top. and with your cage only being 20 inches deep this is not going to leave much area for your basking fixture to be open to screen. The Dual vivosun is only 8 inches deep.
Hi beman, I know it's been a minute had some family things happen so I didn't end up getting the cham I was going to. I am now finishing up my cage and ended up going with the 48in long fixture like you recommended I am wondering is there a difference between reptisun t5 and the arcadia t5 for uvb? My local reptile shop is out of the arcadia but has the reptisun.

Hi beman, I know it's been a minute had some family things happen so I didn't end up getting the cham I was going to. I am now finishing up my cage and ended up going with the 48in long fixture like you recommended I am wondering is there a difference between reptisun t5 and the arcadia t5 for uvb? My local reptile shop is out of the arcadia but has the reptisun.
The Arcadia tends to last a little longer than the reptisun. Without a solar meter I’d switch out an Arcadia every 9 months and the reptisun I’d switch out every 4.

The Arcadia tends to last a little longer than the reptisun. Without a solar meter I’d switch out an Arcadia every 9 months and the reptisun I’d switch out every 4.

Hi @Shauna_T So in my experience you can get a full 12 months without issue with an arcadia bulb. With a reptisun I would change it out every 9 months.

Hi @Shauna_T So in my experience you can get a full 12 months without issue with an arcadia bulb. With a reptisun I would change it out every 9 months.
Ok ty one more question... I have decided to paint the side and door screen of my enclosure black for better visibility (my screen is stainless steel) will I have to wait a week for gas off before placing plants and whatnot in the cage? I am using a black Rustoleum paint/primer in one. I know it won't take much paint at all since I'm only painting the screen but I want everything to be safe for my boy.

Ok ty one more question... I have decided to paint the side and door screen of my enclosure black for better visibility (my screen is stainless steel) will I have to wait a week for gas off before placing plants and whatnot in the cage? I am using a black Rustoleum paint/primer in one. I know it won't take much paint at all since I'm only painting the screen but I want everything to be safe for my boy.
Yes, I would let it gas off for at least a week before adding anything to the cage. And just make sure you don't paint the top aluminum screen where your lights sit. It will cause more UVB to be reduced.

Yes, I would let it gas off for at least a week before adding anything to the cage. And just make sure you don't paint the top aluminum screen where your lights sit. It will cause more UVB to be reduced.
Yeah I'm not going to I also don't want the paint to be heating up and causing any problems. Idk if it would but I'm not taking any chances. Thank you so much!!!

Yeah I'm not going to I also don't want the paint to be heating up and causing any problems. Idk if it would but I'm not taking any chances. Thank you so much!!!
Yeah I would not for that potential as well lol. But I tend to over worry ;) But simply because it would reduce UVB output further I don't recommend it. I have seen how spray painting them black makes it much easier to see through. Can't wait to see your final pics.

Yeah I would not for that potential as well lol. But I tend to over worry ;) But simply because it would reduce UVB output further I don't recommend it. I have seen how spray painting them black makes it much easier to see through. Can't wait to see your final pics.
I guarantee I will be a worrie wart as well lol I'm sure Brian at framschams will get completely tired of me haha

I guarantee I will be a worrie wart as well lol I'm sure Brian at framschams will get completely tired of me haha
Brian and Carolyn are wonderful there. When they say they offer support for the life of the cham they really mean it. Plus you have us here to lean on that have been where you are.

Brian and Carolyn are wonderful there. When they say they offer support for the life of the cham they really mean it. Plus you have us here to lean on that have been where you are.
Brian and Everyone here has already been such a great help, I know I was absent for a while but I'm back and hopefully things will stay the way they are. 🙃

Ok obviously some of you know that I got my boy groot so I did get my Viv done. Here are some before during and after photos. Screenshot_20230825_180517_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20230825_180537_Facebook.jpg 20230319_155653.jpg See how the doors tuck inside that is one of the things I changed They are now on the outside, I also cut the inside out of them so i could put screen in them. I made the enclosure 4 inches deeper then it originally was and added 4 inches in height as well. I cut out the both sides and put stainless steel screen in the sides, on the top and in the doors i then painted the outside of the screen black so we could see in good but did not paint the inside so he could see out good. I added a lip in the front on the floor poured concrete and made a slope for a drain on one side of the floor. I then painted the inside with white pond epoxy. You can see in my pictures that even after sanding the crap out of the wood with 60 grit sandpaper and 1000001316.jpg 1000001315.jpg 1000001316.jpg 1000001318.jpg 1000001317.jpg 1000001319.jpg sanding screen (or whatever that's called) the epoxy wasn't wanting to stick it was crazy I figured out if I did thicker coats it would stick better so yes there are runs all over but I don't care 🤷‍♀️ it was a learning experience and at least I know everything is completely water tight as I used fiberglass cloth under the epoxy in all corners and any joints where I added depth. And hey the runs just give it character lol if you can even see them after it's all said and done. 🤪

Attachments

• 1000001312.jpg
    1000001312.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 1000001308.jpg
    1000001308.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom