SoCal Chameleon Hunt

well count me in..im down to go look at bushes and hopefully find some jacksons..even if we dont find any, it would be fun bs-ing about chameleons for a day....so where are you thinking morro bay...san luiz obisbo?? i read those posts you had...29 years is a good amount of time for a small group of jacksons to get pretty big..im betting i will find a good one for some photo shoots..:)

Cool! I think were going to start in Laguna. Then leave Morro Bay and SLO for another trip. It's a bit far, but I'm down after Laguna, haha.

ohh yeah venice is not cham hunting territory at all..but laguna isint as far from my sis's pad in venice..but hell ya, im down for a laguna trip n see what gold we can find..

Hey guys, for what it's worth, I've been keeping chameleons in San Diego for 20 years and I've heard of these colonies of Jackson's "somewhere up north" since the very beginning. But, I've never met a single person who's actually seen them in person. It's always been 2nd person, or some reports on the web with little details. And, also from keeping chameleons for this long, it seems unlikely that anywhere in southern California is going to have the natural amount of rainfall that the species seems to require to allow for 20+ years worth of wild generations. I'd love to see them in person if anyone can find a currently valid location, though.

I hate this idea and disagree on this subject ... leave the wild cham's alone and maybe you'll get to watch them one day in the wid here in socal .. and not locked in your 18"x18"x36" cage .. it's amazing to think they can even survive here .. Go buy a CB

I hate this idea and disagree on this subject ... leave the wild cham's alone and maybe you'll get to watch them one day in the wid here in socal .. and not locked in your 18"x18"x36" cage .. it's amazing to think they can even survive here .. Go buy a CB

No one is talking about removing them from their natural habitat. If you read the posts we mention observing and picture taking.:rolleyes:

and to be honest, they are not native here..that would be VERY RARE to find one..also in hawaii ( ofcourse they where introduced there for the pet market, now since there are so many, they are maybe talking about exterminating some..sucks..i just want to see them like as if i could afford to visit madagasgar)..if we did find "the golden valley of chameleons" we really couldnt, and shouldnt let anyone know where the location is..it would be kept hidden..

it will..and to be honest not once was i thinking ohh free chameleons..i wanted to win the photo contest ( and we would all be the first to document these animals acually exist in socal...kinda like a sasquatch hunt!!lol)

it will..and to be honest not once was i thinking ohh free chameleons..i wanted to win the photo contest ( and we would all be the first to document these animals acually exist in socal...kinda like a sasquatch hunt!!lol)

I KNOW! As strange as it sounds, that didn't cross my mind either. All I seek is the experience and PICTURES. Definately like a big foot hunt... Lol!

so now im even more stoked cause i want to be the first to eye the lil green bigfoots..( we all know we will only come back with shakey video of what just might be a chameleon in the background, lol)

Presuming you find some, which seems a slim chance at best since it's like looking for a needle in a haystack... If no one posts up location or shares info, it shouldn't create problems for the wild population...

thats what i fugure..and if we did actually come acrossed some ied never tell where..it would be fun to take family or say your kids one day to watch them..

i think the fun is in looking for the needle. i see this as a way for cham owners to get together and share info. for me it has nothing to do with finding free wild chams.

Long live the spirit of adventure!! If I weren't in Wisconsin I would be there just for the "what if" factor. That sense of wonder and exploration are very important human qualities.

oh Az isnt far at all I grew up in Mission Viejo, and try to come out at LEAST once a month. this sounds right up my ally. I cant wait.

Looks like we have 9 so far and one person who can go in April so 10. I'm thinking we should discuss a date now. Any weekend would be good with me, Saturday's best. What about everyone else?:)

Back
Top Bottom