Snotty Nose & Plugged Up at Times

iannelson64

Hey guys,

it appears my panther, 2.5 years old, looks to have a snotty nose.

His eating habits are the same and he acts normal but he has a yellowish mucus coming out of his nose. It dries up and looks like a booger.

I m not too worried cause his eating habits are good, acting normal and normal stool.

I keep his screen cage cleaned out once a week and he has fresh auto misting water every two hours on his plants.

any ideas anyone.

of course vet if need be but he seems to have a human common cold.

Upper respiratory infections in chams are not like colds in humans. URI's can become quite dangerous if not taken care of properly.

It sound like it could be an infection of some sort, respiratory or sinus. In this case you would need a vet, since he'll most likely need antibiotics.

Could you post clear photos though? Panthers can secrete excess supplements through their noses, let's see if it looks like something other than that.

It sound like it could be an infection of some sort, respiratory or sinus. In this case you would need a vet, since he'll most likely need antibiotics.

Could you post clear photos though? Panthers can secrete excess supplements through their noses, let's see if it looks like something other than that.

I agree and make sure the vet does a sensitivity test to find out which antibiotic will work on the type of infection that your cham has.

Back
Top Bottom