Sleeping kinda funny?

Lizal Boomerang

Hey y'alls. I'm the SO of forum member Queen Yarbo, so more info about our chameleon Farosh can be found by reading her posts.

I found Farosh slouching on her branch earlier while sleeping, rather than grasping it with a curled tail. I handled her briefly to make sure she was healthy, and she seemed fine. When I put her back, she continued to slouch, and didn't curl her tail. Is this normal? Or is there something we can work on?
I have included pictures of her current sleeping position and a picture taken during the time I was handling her.

• Your Chameleon - Jackson Chameleon, Female, 2 years old, 7 weeks in our care
  • Handling - A few times, only when moving or cleaning the cage, and when checking health.
  • Feeding - Dubia Roaches, Crickets, Super Worms, mealworm beetles. We have more, but haven't seen how she reacts to them yet. We sometimes catch bugs outside to feed, including moths, small spiders, and beetles. Today, she ate a moth and a spider.
  • Supplements - Her former owner gave us Zoo Med's Reptivite, I've dusted feeders twice thus far. We bought calcium with and without d3.
  • Watering: Mistking Starter. Currently we have a 360 Air Innovations humidifier and mist 6 times a days. One dropper.
  • Fecal Description - It looked brown and offwhite. I have a hard time finding it though.
  • History - She was originally bought gravid and had 3 clutches. Her previous owner officially confirmed via email that she is in fact gravid. We're annoyed with not being given the full information upon purchase. She shed her feet/hands when we got her. First time chameleon owners, but experienced pet owners,

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - plastic curtain and mesh, homemade. 30"W x 30"L x 42"High.
  • Lighting - 18" Tropical UVB, plant light, 60w heat light.
  • Temperature I have two gages for humidity and two for therm. I try to keep it at 70F-80F and humidity between 65-80. It has been a struggle. The past two days I came home from work either her humidity or heat were severely off. At night I try to cool it down between 50F-65F
  • Humidity - See above.
  • Plants - We have a few, and soon more to switch out. Two hibiscus, schefflera, potho, fern, spikes, begonia, and ivy. Soil in covered with large river rocks. :)
  • Placement - She is in an attic with me. It's a shared housing situation so there is no where else she can go. The room is very large and contains my living room and bedroom. She has absolutely no problem sleeping with lights, but WE DO give her a sleep cover every night. I have two rat dogs/Chihuahuas that are 13 years old and are kenneled during the work day. There's me and my boyfriend, but we both work full time. That's the traffic. Currently, with the stands the cage is on, it is taller than me (5'4")
  • Location - Minneapolis, MN. It gets humid in the summer. Cold Cold Cold in the winter.

Welcome to the forum!
I dont see any photos. Can you post a photo of the way she's sleeping please.
When's her clutch due? Is the reptivite just vitamins? How often was it given?

My Cham sleeps all weird all the time. They are complete goofballs sometimes. Mine has even fallen off of his branch while sleeping.

Nice username by the way. I've collected hundreds of those things. They're great for throwing.

IMG_0075.jpg

Can you post one with her feet and ankles showing please?
I read the Queen Yarbo posts and I wondered if her eye is still swollen?
How often are you dusting with reptivite?
What do you feed/gutload the crickets, roaches etc?

Last edited:
I don't know about the eye, but both are the same size and color. If one is swollen, both are. We dust with reptivite once/month. We feed the feeders carrots, limes, and the storebought stuff. She's due between December and February.

Back
Top Bottom