Size of a one year old veiled?

Slofe

Here's my little pal, Isambard:

I uploaded a pic of me holding him, which is a rare occasion, to give an idea of his actual size. I've read chameleons generally reach full size at a year old but not sure how true this is. I can't help thinking Isambard is a bit small for his age and maybe I got the runt of the litter? If there is such a thing for chameleons. He's got not health any problems, decent appetite etc but I think he's a little small for a one year old as i've seen one year olds a fair bit bigger than Isambard is. It's fine if he is, as long as it causes no problems to his health, which so far it hasn't. I kind of wish he'd stayed a baby anyway but such as life eh? Look forward to your thoughts :)

He's a handsome guy! They keep on growing. He will grow till 18 months or two years. My guy's over two years old and it seems like he's still filling out.:)

He's a handsome guy! They keep on growing. He will grow till 18 months or two years. My guy's over two years old and it seems like he's still filling out.:)

Ah ok, so lots of growing left yet then!

On the subject of his handsomeness :D Is that colour he's showing OK? The reason I ask is because he's that sort of shade most of the day, maybe a bit lighter. When that pic was taken the camera unnerved him a bit I think, but all day he's colour is that sort of shade but a bit lighter, never any darker than that though. He's never the colour he is now when he's asleep, I love his pyjamas :D.

Strangely, he goes even lighter, almost at his sleeping colours on the rare occasion he walks onto my hand. I don't hold him too often though, i'm not very touchy feely with animals really.

Back
Top Bottom